I totally do not understand the point behind H. That is, I fail to see how it could give you any advantage. ~ Faldage

At last I can answer Faldage’s comment.

You need to be familiar with the game to understand the play, and the definition could not include the full rules of the game.

The aim is to achieve an exact target score through purchasing and selling a combination of plain and court cards from the Bank or between players. As in Bridge, by following play you can form a good idea of how peoples’ hands are developing. The winner of a round is the player who first achieves the target and declares it, the other players score according to how close they are to the target, but if they overshoot then they pay out. If a player judges that an opponent is close to declaring then by calling ‘Frist’ and buying the next card from the Bank between plays he can improve his score, or even reach a winning position, but at risk of overshooting, and he will have to settle his debt at the close of play or at his next turn whichever is sooner.

The ‘Frist’ is a form of hire purchase of the card which is held for a period before payment is due and presumably this is how the term originated. I feel at least one or two Hogwash points are due for this approximation to the true meaning.

And if you believe that….