Mare's tails and halibut scales, tall ships will set low sails

mares tail and halibut scales, are types of clouds that ofter are seen on the trail edge of high pressure system, the begining of low... and low pressure systems usually mean comming storms.. there are several weather/cloud sights that have the 'offical' names of clouds, and the common names.. (one of the cumulius' is commonly called a 'thunderhead'-- thunder heads are pretty self evident.. they are clouds associated with thunderstorms!

mares tail are high thin, long wispy clouds.. they really look like mares tails!

and no one who works out doors is thrilled with a what we on east coast of US call a no'easter. No'easter's are not just rain (its raining yet again to day..) but storms like we had saturday last.. visibily was under 500 feet (i could barely see across the street, and could not see the building behind the car park across the street!) there was huge lightning, (my building was hit, and a dozen bricks from the parapat knocked loose.. fortunately the heavy rain had driven everyone from the street, and no one was hit..

the rain was so heavy, some lines of the subway were halted by flooding.. the rain was running down the subway stairs faster than storm drains could accomadate it, and platforms, and eventually the tracks were flooded! i wouldn't want to be at sea with a storm like that bearing down..(it was fast moving and passed in an about a half hour, but it was a wild and savage storm while it lasted!)