I'll bet of troy knows more about this pinking iron business. I, too, have heard of and seen pinking shears. My grandmother, a seamstress, used them sometimes to keep fabric she was going to sew from raveling at the edges.

But this pinking iron above that makes scallops? How interesting. I hope of troy can tell us more about it.

Wonder how pink relates to stab? wwh has unraveled the mystery about the pinky and five, so there's obviously no connection there... Faldage? wwh? You have a take there? of troy, too? Do you know the connection between pink and stab?

Tangent: I read about thirty years ago about a study on the effects of color on people's emotions, and pink was very, very bad for people who tended toward depression. Pink rooms worsened their emotional problems. 'Course we all know that you can get a study to show just about anything you want it to show--and all studies should be held in suspicion... Take the space shuttle Columbia, for instance. Preliminary flight safety studies showed go, go, go! But they hadn't run the right studies.