Well. I guess that's your problem Shanks, but why would you cut yourself off from a whole new experience. Try a little harder, maybe?

Haven't cut myself off. Have 'tried' it time and again, but realised that, if it wasn't 'speaking to my soul', as it were, then my trying it was like the man, his son and the donkey - doing things for fear of the disapprobation of others.

[rant]
Perhaps classical music isn't really that good. Perhaps it is oversold by those who are glad to belong to an elitist coterie, by those who love the trivia involved, by those who love the hard work and study involved, and by those who grew up with nothing else so they have no ear for any of the other forms. Yes, we can argue until Hell warms up about what makes for great art, or a great art form, but there isn't much advantage to either side, IMO. I'm through with 'trying' classical, or jazz, simply because people tell me if I try it hard enough and for long enough, some of it may stick. Sorry guys, but I've got a life.
[/rant]

I'm sure, in time, that some of it will stick anyway. But I'm willing to wait instead of forcing the issue. In the meantime, I can hum along to the Bee Gees version of Beethoven's 5th, or the Hindi music plagiarisation of Mozart's 40th, and constantly break into the March of the Toreadors (full on Mondegreen!)

cheer

the sunshine warrior