larrikin
n.
5ult.< ? LARK26 [Slang, Chiefly Austral.] a hoodlum or rowdy, esp. a you

laryngectomy
n.
5LARYNG(O)3 + 3ECTOMY6 the surgical removal of all or part of the larynx

lanyard
n.
5altered (infl. by YARD1) < ME lanyer < MFr laniere < OFr lasniere < lasne, noose, earlier nasle < Frank *nastila, a cord, lace, dim. of Gmc *nast3 < IE base *ned3 > L nodus, knot6
1 a short rope or cord used on board ship for holding or fastening something
2 a cord worn around the neck, as by sailors, from which to hang something, as a knife, whistle, etc.
3 a cord with attached hook, for firing certain types of cannon

latanier (noun) -

1. fan palms of the southern United States and the Caribbean region

lateen
adj.
5Fr latine < (voile) latine, Latin (sail) < fem. of L Latinus, LATIN6 designating or of a triangular, fore-and-aft-rigged sail attached to a long yard suspended obliquely from a short mast: now used chiefly on Mediterranean vessels
n.
a lateen-rigged vessel Also la[teen$er

lathi
n.
5Hindi6 in India, a heavy stick of bamboo and iron, used as a club esp. by police

lathhouse
After sufficient seedling growth (90-120 days) the plants were placed in the lathhouse for a hardening off period prior to
transplanting into the field. ...(I could not find definition, and some sites describing it were in pdf so I couldn't copy them. Laths as I know them are boards about an inch and a half wide and a quarter inch thick. Before sheetrock became available, frame house interior walls were covered with laths spaced about a quarter of an inch apart, then slow
setting plaster of paris with sand and cow hair mixed in was troweled on. A job requiring
considerable experience and skill.
Apparently the lathhouse is used as an intermediary between the hothouse, and trnasplantin outdoors. I have never seen one. I'm not going to get into a lather over it.