Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
... not to mention "glutton" and two references to the physical ramifications of overindulgence (one of which submitted by the Hogmaster his own self). Harrumph®

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
The only ones I see that cannot be aruged to have anything to do with coenaculous are d., f., and g., but the creators may argue otherwise.

Even Ted's basketweaving should get an eighth of a point if you consider bread baskets. And the sunset definition should get a half point since supper occurs close to sunset.

You want arbitrary? We'll give you arbitrary!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You want arbitrary? We'll give you arbitrary!

This is a democracy and the Hogmaster's vote counts as 51%.

And I din't have no suppertime in my Jungian conscious mind when I made up my definition.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I know you didn't have no Jung in your brain, Faldage, as evidenced by your sunrise definition.

On the other hand, Jung may have argued that you were fighting the urge to heed the end of the day by turning, instead, to the beginning. You know? Like you were in Jungian denial? [See definition "F"]

tsuwm Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
>Did you notice how many of these definitions either directly and indirectly had to do with supper and suppertime?

did you not read my initial p.s. above, or.. what am I, minced meat? there is a more disturbing slant to put on all these, direct or indirect, connections you were not alone in noting: it may not have been the work of the collective unconscious at all, but rather the work of the individual... heaven forfend... google. not that that's against the arbitrary and capricious (but non-existent) roolz or anything. so, I think I will not be awarding any R+ points.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Ah, poor, poor tsuwm! You think we've been reduced to, dare I say it, cheating?

I don't think so. I prefer to maintain my innocence here and think Old Uncle Juwng's theory was flapping its wings in the Ever Ever Land of our collective unconsciouness(es).

'Sides. Remember Richard Petty. He said, "If you gonna cheat, cheat neat" and he sure never mentioned googling.

#85330 11/03/02 12:01 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
p.s. - now that I chew on it, there is a subthread weaving through the definitions: Last upper, last meal, banquet seating, dyspepsia, embryologic foregut, glutton for
punishment....

oops <ahem> Oh, that. Yeah, I read it. Was just reinforcing for emphasis.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,351
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 775 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,549
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith