#82734 10/06/02 11:10 PM
A
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
A

Brevity is the soul of wit

Shortness is the heart of the alcohol.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.
The sugar refinery is elegant but the alcoholic drink is faster.

#82735 10/07/02 10:19 AM
D
addict
addict
D
i tried putting the same phrase through three or four times and this is the progression into madness
rock and roll kids

kids of rock'n'roll

Kid of rock'n'roll

Kidskin of rock' n' roll

Kidskin of the coil of rock ' n '

Kidskin of the rolling up of rock ' N '

Kidskin of rolling above rock ' N '

Kidskin to roll over the cliff ' N '

Kidskin to roll on cliff ' N '

Kidskin to roll in the steep ' N '

Kidskin of the rolling up of rock ' N '

Kidskin of rolling above rock ' N '

Kidskin to roll over the cliff ' N '

Kidskin to roll on cliff ' N '

Kidskin to roll in the steep ' N '

' in the rigid N ' to to be rolled Kidskin,

' in N rigid ' with with being rolled Kidskin,

' in N rigidly ' also with its rolled Kidskin,

' in the N rigidly ' also with the relative rolled Kidskin,

' in the rìgida N ' also with the relative Kidskin rolled,

' in the rìgida N ' also with the relative Kidskin it rolled,
isn't it funny how more and more foreign words getleft in the translation as you go along

#82736 10/07/02 11:19 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Here's mine ...

Original English Text:
William the Conqueror, 1066, said to his barons "I mean to affix England to Normandy. Go out and borrow some bows and some arrows, we're starting tomorrow."
Translated to French:
William le Conqueror, 1066, dit à son moyen de "I de barons d'apposer l'Angleterre en Normandie. Sortez et empruntez quelques arcs et quelques flèches, nous commençons tomorrow."

Translated back to English:
William Conqueror, 1066, known as with its means of "I barons of affixing England in Normandy. Leave and borrow some arcs and some arrows, we begin tomorrow."

Translated to German:
William Conqueror, 1066, bekannt als mit seinen Mitteln von "I Barons des Hinzufügens von von England in Normandie. Lassen Sie und borgen Sie einige Bogen und einige Pfeile, fangen wir tomorrow." an;

William Conqueror, 1066, admits of baron of adding of England in normandy as with its means of "I. If you let borrow and you some elbow and some arrows, we catch tomorrow." on;

Translated to Italian:
William Conqueror, 1066, ammette del baron di aggiunta dell'Inghilterra in Normandia come con i relativi mezzi di "I. Se lasciate per prendere in prestito e voi un certo gomito ed alcune frecce, interferiamo tomorrow." sopra;

William Conqueror, 1066, adding of England in Normandia like with the average relati ones to you admits of the baron of of "I. If left in order to on loan take and a sure elbow and some arrows to you, we interfere tomorrow." over;

Translated to Portuguese:
William Conqueror, 1066, adição de Inglaterra em Normandia como com o relati médio uns a você admite do baron do "I. Se saido na tomada do empréstimo e em um cotovelo certo e em algumas setas a você, nós interferimos tomorrow." sobre;

William Conqueror, 1066, addition of England in Normandy as with relati average some you admit of baron of "I. If saido with the taking of the loan and an elbow certain e in some arrows you, we intervene tomorrow." on;

Translated to Spanish:
Guillermo Conqueror, 1066, adición de Inglaterra en Normandía como con promedio del relati algunos que usted admite del barón del "I. Si interviene el saido con tomar del préstamo y de un codo cierta e en algunas flechas usted, nosotros tomorrow." encendido;

Guillermo Conqueror, 1066, addition of England in Normandía like with average of relati some that you admit of the baron of "I. If the saido one with taking from the loan and a certain elbow and in some arrows you takes part, we tomorrow." ignited;

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#82737 10/08/02 01:41 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Poor old Omar, my favourite poet!

Original English Text:
Ah, Love. If thou and I could but conspire with fate to overturn this sorry state of things entire, would we not shatter it to bits and then reshape nearer to our hearts desire.
Translated to French:
Ampèreheure, Amour. Si le thou et moi pourrions mais conspirer avec le destin à retourner cet état désolé de choses entières, nous pas le brisons au peu et puis le remodelons plus près à notre désir de coeurs.

Ampèreheure, Love. If the thou and me could but to conspire with the destiny to turn over this sorry state of whole things, we not let us break it with little and then let us reorganize it more close with our desire of hearts.

Translated to German:
Ampèreheure, Liebe. Wenn das thou und ich aber, sich mit dem Schicksal zu verschw50ren, diesen traurigen Zustand der vollständigen Sachen umzudrehen könnten, ließen wir nicht uns ihn mit wenig und brechen ließen uns dann ihn mit unserem Wunsch der Herzen nahe reorganisieren.

Ampèreheure, love. If thou and I however, with the fate to verschw50ren, this sad condition of the complete things turn could, we did not leave him to us with few and to break let reorganize us then him with our desire of the hearts close.

Translated to Italian:
Ampèreheure, amore. Se il thou e la I tuttavia, con il destino a verschw50ren, questo stato triste della girata completa di cose potessero, non lo abbiamo affidato noi con pochi ed alla rottura lasci li riorganizzano allora lui con il nostro desiderio dei cuori vicini.

Ampèreheure, love. If the thou and however, with the destiny to verschw50ren, this sad state of the complete turn of things could, we with little have not entrusted it and to the breach lasci they then reorganize them he with our desire of the near hearts.

Translated to Portuguese:
Ampèreheure, amor. Se o thou e entretanto, com o destiny a verschw50ren, este estado sad da volta completa das coisas poderia, nós com pouco não entrusted a e ao lasci da ruptura reorganize então as ele com nosso desejo dos corações próximos.

Ampèreheure, love. If he thou it and however, with destiny verschw50ren, this state sad of the complete return of the things could, we with little not entrusted and to lasci of the rupture it with our desire of the next hearts reorganizes then.

Translated to Spanish:
Ampèreheure, amor. Si él thou él y sin embargo, con el destino verschw50ren, este estado triste de la vuelta completa de las cosas podría, nosotros con no confiado poco y al lasci de la ruptura que con nuestro deseo de los corazones siguientes entonces reorganiza.

Ampèreheure, love. If he thou he and nevertheless, with the destiny verschw50ren, this sad state of the complete return of the things could, we with not trusted little and to lasci of the rupture that with our desire of the following hearts then reorganizes.

#82738 10/08/02 08:11 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Ah - wrong thread - reposted; see under "babelfishing"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,334
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 752 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,543
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith