#72992 06/15/02 04:54 AM
M
milum Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
$$$$$$$$$TEST POST EDIT ADDED BELOW$$$$$$$$$

This proposition was instigated by an interruption of a thread by the "equalizer". No one in his group of self-exiles has saw fit to respond so now I extend this invitation to anyone who has concern for the continuation of the awad forum as a modern day extension of the grecian inquiry into truth and the nature of words and the mind.

Here is my proposal;

An open one-on-one discussion about the awadtalk board, it's past, it's purpose, and it's future.

Under these ground rules;

(a) We exchange ten line paragraphs using the edit function of the topic thread to insure that inconsiderate posters can't interrupt our measured exchange with childish vile and low insults.
(b) The format can be a debate, a casual discussion, an interview, or a pre-agreed upon set of questions.
(c) The exchange will continue until the post edit function switches off or until we have said all we think needed to be said.
(d) No insults, personal or general will be made.

And if we can't agree on what constitutes an insult, this experiment is dead before it begins. But I still believe that words of temperament can purge this board of hate.

testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest

Geoff:
I'm for it, Milo, if you'll PM me and explain how to operate the edit function. I struggle to understand computers.

Milum: It's simple you pm your posts to me and I paste them to the continuing topic post. This, if it works, should sidestep a major flaw in the awadtalk set-up, that is, the disruption of a line of discussion by an inadvertent off-topic post by a newcomer or a deliberate flippant remark made by an oldcomer in order to re-enforce his status as high and handsome squating-rights owner.

Let's see if it works...(click...click)

Like clockwork. Now let's check out the limits of post changing...

Musick: What constitutes an insult will never be 'the same' for all people. Unfortunately, this has been the *whole issue all along.

Milum: I agree Musick, but insults are not whole problem and niceness can be controlled by the one punching the edit button. Everyone knows how to be nice; You just pretend you are talking to your banker just before you ask him for a loan.

Ok... now...who wants to have an open discussion about awad without rude interuption? Ewein? Anybody? Just send me a Private Message and we'll agree on format.

Just as I figgered the edit function can extend unto infinity.

WELCOME YOU ALL TO THE MILO WASHINGTON EXTRAVAGANZA! Like , man, this can go on forever!

#72993 06/15/02 06:04 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
I'm for it, Milo, if you'll PM me and explain how to operate the edit function. I struggle to understand computers.

Thanks,

Geoff

#72994 06/15/02 01:22 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And if we can't agree on what constitutes an insult, this experiment is dead before it begins

What constitutes an insult will never be 'the same' for all people. Unfortunately, this has been the *whole issue all along.

#72995 06/16/02 06:21 AM
M
milum Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
Geoff, it's OK, I know it's hard but it's fair.

MILo=0000000.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,372
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith