Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#71879 05/31/02 10:58 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Without permission.

Ma'am, your opening post chose to cite your view of the correspondence -- with no greater permission. One may rebut.

#71880 05/31/02 11:06 PM
Jackie Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I decided I'd better expound a little, despite my distaste for did not/did too.
Ewein, I made that statement with no details, in an effort to try and spare your feelings, based on the assumption that you love the man and would prefer not to hear negative things about him. No, he has not told me that he WOULD sue me. His statement revealed that he had considered the prospect, and to me that constitutes a very real threat.

#71881 05/31/02 11:45 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Upon the shore, a mile or more / From traffic and confusion,
An oyster dwelt, because he felt / A longing for seclusion;
Said he: "I love the stillness of / This spot. It’s like a cloister.:
(These words I quote because, you note, / They rhyme so well with oyster.)

A prying rat, believing that / She needed change of diet,
In search of such disturbed this much- / To-be-desired quiet.
To say the least, this tactless beast / Was apt to rudely roister:
She tapped his shell, and called him – well, / A name that hurt the oyster.

The latter’s pride was sorely tried, / He thought of what he could say,
Reflected what the common lot / Of vulgar molluscs would say;
Then caught his breath, grew pale as death, / And as his brow turned moister,
Began to close and nipped her nose! / Superb, dramatic oyster!

We note with joy that hoi polloi / Whom maidens bite the thumb at,
Are apt to try some weak reply / To things they should be dumb at.
THE MORAL, then, for crafty men / Is: When a maid has voiced her
Contemptuous heart, don’t think you’re smart, / But shut up – like the oyster.

#71882 06/01/02 12:07 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
"Have you ever threatened either explicitly or implicitly to file a lawsuit or any other form of legal proceeding in this matter? If so, have you ever said or implied that you would refrain from or desist from filing such a lawsuit if the person or persons to be named as respondents would reverse their position and unban you from the AWADtalk board?"

Are you kidding teD, Keiva is much too clever to use the auspices as an Officer of the Illinois Court to harass and intimidate private citizens representing a non-profit private organization into doing his will by threating them with personal loss and tribulations by the accretion of legal costs necessary to the defense of a frivolous lawsuit.

Keiva is childish and vindictive and a bully, but he's not dumb. Unlike Awad, the State of Illinois has a Bar Association with imperative disbarments that are not subject to intimidation.

Well one by one everybody's jumping ship. Pretty soon it might just be Keiva and me. We might become fishing buddies.
But if we do, Keiva buddy, I'll weigh my own fish and I want to sit with my back to the motor in the back of the boat.

#71883 06/01/02 12:10 AM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Take a cue from the oyster.

#71884 06/01/02 02:10 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
My one year anniversary on the wonderful adventure that AWAD has been for me would have been very soon. Thanks, Ken, for turning this adventure into a nightmare for me and many of my friends. Bye, all. Like Annastrophic said, those I care about and that care about me know how to get in touch. Those that have misplaced that info, I will continue to accept pms at this site. Hasta entonces.

#71885 06/01/02 12:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Creation is difficult, getting a site to grow and florish is hard. Nurturing ideas, contributers, buiding a environment were ideas can freely be shared takes a huge amount of effert.
but, destruction,, destruction is easy.. one person, selfishly, can destroy something, just because it is not absolutely perfect.

nothing is perfect, and now, we have nothing

#71886 06/01/02 01:22 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S

Pyrrhus inherited the throne of Epirus in Northern Greece around 306 B.C.E., and as a young man proved himself on the battlefield again and again. Pyrrhus apparently had great strategic skills, but he also had the reputation of not knowing when to stop. In 281 he went to Italy and defeated the Romans at Heraclea and Asculum, but suffered bitterly heavy losses. The devastation led to his famous statement, "One more such victory and I am lost" -- hence the term "Pyrrhic victory" for any victory so costly as to be ruinous.

#71887 06/01/02 08:46 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
This sucks. I can't believe it has all come down to this... Like so many others of you, I see no point in hanging around when all of the people I love best are leaving. The atmosphere will never be quite the same again anyway, I'm afraid.

I won't be gone completely-- I'll probably come back once in a while to see if there are any developments and to check my PMs.

Thanks Anu and almost all of you for the fun times we've had on this Board. I'm sorry that they are coming to an end.

#71888 06/01/02 10:00 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Inevitable, certain, ineluctable, ineludible, inescapable, inevasible, necessary, returnless, unavoidable, unescapable, unevadable.

Mournfulness, sadness, sorrowfulness, unhappiness; grieving, lamentation, mourning, sorrowing; dejection, depression, melancholy; agony, distress, dolor, misery, suffering, wretchedness.

Abandon, desert, forsake; reject, repudiate; cast, discard.

Adieu, farewell, goodbye.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,333
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 608 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith