Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#71849 05/31/02 03:45 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
No Angel, the controversy is caused by Kenneth. You are wrong. You are biased and it shows.

Kenneth was banned and used threats to force his way back unto the Board.

In the two years since it's creation a banning has never happend. New members have always been welcomed, people always join in the fun, spats were quickly fixed, gotten over and forgotten. We were a happy group.

Since he joined there has been only strife and disagreement. Are you so blind that you do not see that the whole is being destroyed by the one?

Jackie is not the trouble, she was his savior on so many occasions you cannot know, yet he chooses to spit on her.

You are wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself.

#71850 05/31/02 03:49 AM
A
addict
addict
A
My point was simply that the controversy of the day had calmed down. I have nothing to be ashamed of by pointing to the fact that this thread is causing strife on the board, and that Jackie started the thread.

#71851 05/31/02 03:50 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
congratulations, Ken. your nuking of the board is now complete. I hope that you and your little band of admirers will be very happy here amongst yourselves.

see you elsewhere, gang...

#71852 05/31/02 04:06 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Mushroom cloud forming on the horizon. ALL THAT HAVE NOT BEEN BLINDED BY THE LIGHT, PLEASE MAKE AN ORDERLY RETREAT. THIS IS NOT A TEST. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A TEST.

#71853 05/31/02 04:18 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
I beg you all to explain to me just why Ken is a pariah. I have seen many of you call him names, but I haven't seen him call you names. Just what gives? I have been torn apart by this stuff in the past, when some of it turned against me, but will not be tripped up by it again. You are all highly intelligent people, but, from my admittedly limited parspective, you sound as though emotion, not reason, is running your lives.

Like most of you, I think that the sun rises in Kentucky primarily because Jackie is there. Nevertheless, I cannot condemn Ken for wanting to remain here, and appealing directly to Anu. It appears that some meeting of minds has been reached by the two of them, yet you all accuse him of coercion by way of threatening suit. What legal standing, what grounds, would he have against Anu, Jackie, or the board? Against those who slander, yes, but not against the rest.

If I am wrong, please dispassionately show me my error. I may only have a 40 Watt bulb burning in this room full of 100 Watt people, so perhaps one of you brighter ones can illuminate the roots of this internecene warfare. I do not wish to take sides; rather, I wish to rejoin this group to its purpose, so that no sides exist. Of course, some of us will be drawn to certain others, and that's natural and good, yet must we hate certain others? Can tolerence not be a part of AWAD?

Sincerely,

Geoff Sanders
geoffs@hevanet.com

#71854 05/31/02 04:32 AM
H
hev Offline
addict
addict
H
Jackie, I'm sorry to see that it has come to this... and for all your efforts in making this place sustainable for ALL - including Keiva. I know that your decisions along the way have been tremendously difficult for you, and this is a horrible ending. I feel for you.

Unfortunately, I find this all a little disturbing - the fact that anyone would even threaten a law suit in this type of environment makes me cringe. What a way to destroy a perfectly wonderful (yet acceptibly fallible) environment.

I don't think I want to be here any more. That threat lurking in the background is always going to make me feel uncomfortable about what I say here, and in what context it is taken. I do not wish to have that hanging over my head in any way, shape or form. I'm going to take my leave of this place... For those of you who may miss me, I'm sorry. For those who don't care, enjoy what is here while it lasts. Anyone who wishes to stay in contact with me, please PM me (as I will check in there for a week or so) and I'll give you details.

Sayonara, Adieu, Auf Wiedersehn, but probably not see you later!

#71855 05/31/02 04:48 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Meidung...you, sir, are not worth a word.

And, I'm sorry, Angel...after attacking Jackie, neither are you.

#71856 05/31/02 08:56 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
What a horribly sad thing to go to bed sensing strife was at hand, and worse to awaken to so much ill will and confusion.

What did Keiva write or say to Anu? What kind of legal words were used? Was there any kind of threat at all? Those are the questions that will circle my brain all day long. I posted on a music board for about two years and posts were deleted and administrators could stop posters from posting, and that was that. I stayed out of the fray because I detested flaming so much. But to hear that a threat of legal action of any kind has been used goes beyond my comprehension.

Long ago, someone wrote, "Why can't we just all get along?" and suggested that we stop attacks, defenses altogether. What wisdom that was, and it wasn't heeded. Bill all along had been writing, "Words. Lets talk about words." And he meant so in the purest sense.

Well, we've had words. And we've had them, too.

Jackie, if you have been threatened in any way, your sorrow is my sorrow and I bear it with you. I will write to you privately through email if this place is to be no more a place where we can meet happily.

But I will pray that we will all come through this and meet again here some day without fear of any kind of threat. I have enjoyed to the greatest degree the writing, the various turns of mind and phrase, and getting to know the personalities behind the merry pens that have written here.

With great sadness and regret that this day has come,
Theresa

P.S. And I, too, will not post on board again until the day comes that hev, Jackie, consuelo, tsuwm and the rest may post in the spirit of this place that has been blasted away. Angel: Things had not quieted down. PMs were flying last night. We were being informed that Keiva had been reinstated to the board by Anu, and all were wondering why Jackie's administrative decision had been overruled. Public bulletin boards may permanently keep members from posting who participate in postings that cause strife. Administrators have the right to delete posts and posters. We have wondered last night why this action, free to other boards, was not the case here. Jackie exercised that right, but Keiva reappeared. Naturally, people here wondered what had occurred. Jackie informed us, plain and simple. She did not go into details. But it appears some kind of legal threat was made, no matter how small. Some kind of threat. And it is that word threat itself that holds a great deal of power. We do not come here to write with fear of any kind of legal threat, no matter how small. I am extremely confused that you thought things were calming down. In no way were they if my PM box is any example of what people were writing about last night. Your own perception in this case is completely inaccurate, and I write this with no anger. I just want to fill you in on what you may not have known.

#71857 05/31/02 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am thoroughly disgusted, if unsurprised.

how terribly sad that our entire garden of blossoms can be choked by one pervasive weed. i can't imagine any human being wanting so desperately to be in a place where he is so clearly scorned by all but a handful of followers.

kenneth spector, you are a waste of DNA.

#71858 05/31/02 10:27 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
How did this thing get its appendage in the doorway? Are there no rules against filing frivolous lawsuits in Illinois, or Ohio, or Kentucky or wherever this lawsuit is being threatened? Did the thing get its appendage in some loophole because there was no agreement that had to be accepted upon joining the board? Perhaps the best action is to dismantle the board and reform it with an agreement stating that participation is contingent on the permission of the administrator.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,331
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 955 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith