About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#63244 04/07/02 12:35 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Angel, I (somehow) picked up your original title to your post, I'm glad you chose the other one, cause this one would have been fanning flames that just weren't there. You just did to us what I was disussing with Keiva about... wonderful stuff!

Let it rest? Is that an order? Sorry, Mom! I moved out of the house long time ago for this very reason!Nice redirect, though!

Now, let's all focus closely on the words we use.... go!

[edit]In hindsight, the timing does make a slight difference, but not to my specific point. I hope the above post to Angel clarifies a little, the rest is context.

(ps) See how confusing it is when someone steps in the middle where there is no specific need, as is editing your post while someone else is answering you when your not looking. I'll bet your answering this right now while I'm editing it...)

Second edit: Angel, I see this is actually ® the second title, where the first was just "RE: Monkey see, monkey do". This clears it all up..[ROTFLMAO]

#63245 04/07/02 12:51 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
but I am pleased that you appear to be taking a more narrow position than earlier.]

Didn't you notice how suprisingly similar my post was to the quote of your post?

(ps. I must depart (physically from this computer) but will look in some time in the morrow. (just so you don't think I'm ignoring whatever it is I'm gonna miss tonight).... later.

#63246 04/07/02 12:56 AM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
I must depart (physically from this computer) but will look in some time in the morrow.
OK; me too.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
That's right folks, just the tenth part of a dollar! Get you're tickets here for the mud rassle of the century, now in progress. Women and children under 13 not admitted Get away from me boy, you bother me

P
veteran
veteran
P
Get away from me boy, you bother me
Dear Faldarth. May I call you Faldarth as your half-hidden postcript gives hint of your dark side?

Anyone who boasts that he is "attempting to unsuccessfully understand the universe", as you do in your Bio, cannot hope to understand people who are struggling to succeed in that enterprise.

We read that you are "fantastically lucky to have discovered Anna Strophobic". We, on the other hand, would have been luckier if you had learned more from her. The entire exchange between Musick and Keiva, in which you have intruded yourself, arose because your beloved ASp bared her ASp at Moss for intruding in her private affairs (which she chose to publish, somewhat incongruously, in this thread).

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
plutarch, I share some of the concerns you mention but on one point, in fairness to faldage, I must say that the white part of his post was an inside joke between him and me. It's a line from W.C. Fields -- a passion he and I share.

#63250 04/07/02 07:58 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
...The entire exchange between Musick and Keiva...arose because your beloved ASp...

As long as clarification is in *order (even though not in the *right order), I firmly believe that the egg came before the chicken.

I'll twist this into a real *usage post, yet!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,371
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 803 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith