#57142 02/16/02 12:56 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
I suggest someone is spamming us.
In the past few days there are posts under five new names which are anagrams of each other, and a sixth near-anagram:
--RumShotGiles
--MrSoHugeList
--GimletsHours
--Egotism_Hurls
--MisterGhouls
--GizmoHustler

The first three names were registered in a 6-minute span on Feb. 5: the other three in a 7-minutes span yesterday.
Many of them post with the phrase “Humorless Git” – still another anagram.

I suggest the spammer is an experienced board member, not a newbie. His/her posts show familiarity with colors and fonts, and consistently take part in pending disputes on the board.

Could the spammer be identified?
--I note that most of those posts take subtle potshots at dr. bill of at me.
--I note the style of those potshots, which to me seems much like that of a particular board member.
--I note that two of them end with the bracketed initials [E.A.]
--I note that all 11 posts in these names were made at times near when ASp was posting.
--I note that one uses praps to mean “probably”, which use has been made once before in the board’s history – and that use was by ASp.

Profiles, registrations and posts easily found via:
http://wordsmith.org/board/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=RumShotGiles
http://wordsmith.org/board/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=MrSoHugeList
http://wordsmith.org/board/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=GimletsHours
http://wordsmith.org/board/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=Egotism_Hurls
http://wordsmith.org/board/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=MisterGhouls
http://wordsmith.org/board/showprofile.pl?Cat=&User=Gizmo Hustler

#57143 02/16/02 01:39 AM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Keiva: I don't really give a damn who takes shots at me. Mostly I pay no attention. I am looking for discussion of words, and have been quite disappointed to see so much newsgroup chatter about everything but words. Pranks should be infra dig.

#57144 02/16/02 01:59 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
--I note
--I note
--I note
--I note
--I note

Praps you need professional help.

#57145 02/16/02 02:09 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Re:I suggest someone is spamming us.

Who is this us?
there was a lively thread going... people were posting fast and furious.. I zinged Faldage, he complained, and got bopped on the head by Bel (kisses to you, sweet bel!)

I zinged Mav too, and dragged in Wow, (who wasn't even there!) i tried to uphold my rephewtation, and questioned your claim of innoscents--by good naturedly calling you a stinker!

Fart what its worth, i laughed, and laughed..

lighten up!

#57146 02/16/02 02:10 AM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
"Praps" the people who are mis-using the board to provoke Keiva are the ones who need a shrink.

#57147 02/16/02 02:15 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
I agree Helen. I love those type of quick-quick threads where everybody zips in responses. I have to admit I usually feel out of my league cause it seems that everybody has such a quick wit. By the time I finally think of something it is waayyy too late.

Seriously Keiva, I don't understand you. Aren’t you here to have fun?

#57148 02/16/02 02:39 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#57149 02/16/02 02:44 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
bel, I saw your post just after I finished posting in Max's Misc/Statuesque thread, and that post should answer your question. Hope you found that one fun.

#57150 02/16/02 02:47 AM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Max: Blessed are the peacemakers. The paranoid joke won't help. And anybody who wants to "get" me is just going to be ignored. I hope.

#57151 02/16/02 02:56 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#57152 02/16/02 08:28 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
For convenience of the reader, I am copying without comment subsequent discussion of the above in another thread, beginning with the comment that tsuwm put there.

===================
tsuwm: I suspect his outrage was less compelling than his rage for publicity, and he got exactly what he bargained for.[E.A.]

when I first read this I wondered about that "E.A" and pondered briefly what it could mean, but quickly forgot about it. but when it was subsequently copied, complete with bolding, I considered the possibility that it could perhaps mean Emphasis Added.

-joe (no authority) friday
[with an assist to ron (three(3) times) obvious]

-----------
Keiva: Interesting point about [EA] and [E.A.], tsuwm, which would fit well in spammer thread, whether those terms were noted.

A LIU reveals that the only names under which either of those phrases have ever been posted are gymkana, caradea and bridget96.

-----------
tsuwm: oh, so now you're no longer convinced it was ASp?? you really should stop throwing these accusations around, K.

-----------
faldage: no longer convinced it was ASp??

Who shall be the next culprit du jour[notsmart]?

-----------
keiva: to tsuwm and faldage: do you now agree that we have a poltergiest, and are merely questioning who it may be?

And please note that as a careful lawyer I listed facts but took pains not to "accuse" -- yet. It would of course be premature to conclude until all had opportunity to review, critique and/or supplement the evidence presented. It would be good to see all facts that can best identify the culprit(s).

Have you any other facts to point to?

#57153 02/16/02 08:42 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
if you put as much time and effort into post about words as you put into the opening post of this thread and the preceeding one, i for one would be a lot happier.
please stop searching to see who has ever used E.A. or EA or praps or made use of an anagram.
pick up a dictionary-- or read a book, and stumble over word that peaks your interest. look it up. find it to be ho-hum, but there, just to the right, on the same page, find an other word.. tell us about it!

#57154 02/16/02 08:47 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Helen, my last post, to which you respond, merely copied here (for the reader's convenience) what had been posted on the same subject but in other threads. You'll find I've made quite a few posts today of the sort you seek -- in fact, more of them than all of our pooh-bahs and carpels combined. Hope you enjoy them!

#57155 02/16/02 09:07 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Are there certain phrases that make you think "double speak" is alive and flourishing as a language?

One that gets me is "for your convenience!"

It is usually accompanies some reductions in service, increase in price or disagreeable change in the status quo, which is to my disadvantage.

Which readers are convenienced by your perpetuating an argument on two threads? How is harmony enhanced by you playing the AG and listing up charges? How careful you are, not to Accuse anyone.. but how careless you are with naming names!

Up from the ashes.

#57156 02/17/02 02:15 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Geez, all I do is copy language from one thread into another, and for this I get lambasted -- twice?

Phoenix, it sure takes a lot of guts for you to attack anonymously.

#57157 02/17/02 04:30 AM
D
addict
addict
D
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Read that as pacemakers. Damn medical education.

#57158 02/17/02 04:48 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

#57159 02/17/02 05:17 AM
A
addict
addict
A
This is the most childish thing I have ever seen! It is shameful. If you have something to say, own up to your words. "The Pheonix"! Someone who signed up with the nickname so quickly, that they misspelled it! Yet another experienced poster hiding! GROW UP!

#57160 02/17/02 05:54 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#57161 02/17/02 07:12 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Or was that cheesemakers?

Can't be that. The whole thread is whey out of line ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#57162 02/17/02 12:42 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Oh you guys are so cheesy. Can't you all be a little bit gouda!

thank-you, thank-you, that was my fist pun. I'm very proud seeing as you are all such an experienced group & all

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A trial run of some new soft ware at work resulted in my netscape file being wiped out, and i don't have all my bookmarks here at home.. but given that we have spam and pacemakers, spam and cheese, cheese and spam, cheese, spam and gouda, what we realy need is a new link to the monte python site!

Albatros! get your Albatros! (with spam, needless to say!)

#57164 02/17/02 07:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Spam Haiku

http://pemtropics.mit.edu/~jcho/spam/10101-10200.html
This is strange, funny stuff...don't miss it!

Here's the Spam Haiku Archives Homepage (they literally have tens of thousands of these things, and you can submit!)

http://pemtropics.mit.edu/~jcho/spam/archive.html

#57165 02/17/02 09:23 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Amazing! But really, do people eat Spam anymore? Just a question like that, there there.

Oooo, there was a little French Québec lesson for y'all. When talking in French we often finish off sentences with, "la la" (there, there).

#57166 02/17/02 09:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, I hear they eat a lot of spam in Hawaii Right, WOW?. I know when we have it on sale where I work, we sell out but I don't know. Maybe they give it to their dogs for a treat.[shrugging shoulders-e]

#57167 02/18/02 02:17 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes, i have heard the same thing about Hawaii and spam. i think for many, spam is one of those love/hate foods.. i think people actually like the taste, but it has such a reputations, no one want to admit eating it.
kellogg's did an a series of ads about adults (in the dark) admitting they ate frosted flakes.
when i was a kid, my mother thought frosted flakes were the worst -- sugar coated cerial! as if we kids didn't eat enough sugary stuff already!
every one in a while now, i will by sugar coated cerial as a snack food.. but let me tell you, i don't generally admit this is public! (and no, i don't eat spam, i don't like ham either, but vienna sausages! have been known to force them selves into my kitchen)

#57168 02/18/02 02:28 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
I've not even seen Spam in the shops over here for years. But I used to love Spam fritters! Especially if there were mixed herbs in the batter mixture

Ahh! (says he, yet again!) Them was th' days

edit: sorry about the keyboard - I don;t seem to be able to control it, today!

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
If Hawai'i had a State Food it would be Spam, hands down!
Spam n'rice, Spam n' eggs, Spam n' taters, Spam n' Spam....etc.
I noticed at the end of the Spam haiku page a disclaimer
Can you imagine the legal hoo-rah-rah that went into that paragraph?
Peruse http://www.spam.com for the real story and check out the catalogue for hilarious items!

My intro to Spam was in the World War Two years when - for some reason unknown to man or God - Spam was readily available when other meats were not. One of my childhood favorite foods was small cubes of Spam, fried, grease poured off, then whipped up eggs added and all scrambled together.
Don't knock it if you ain't tried it!
In fact a can of Spam is residing in with my stock of canned goods as I write! It's readily available in all our local supermarkets, and we are a long way from Hawaii!
OK, OK, I'll quit now.

By the way, just my two cents worth on multiple identities : I could care less as long as the male or female identity behaves like a Lady or Gentleman, as the case may be. I sorta equate it with a masked ball.
Oh! Isn't Mardi Gras about to begin? Lots of trying out new identities there.

#57170 02/18/02 08:15 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#57171 02/18/02 09:52 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Well, folk, I've pointed out there was spamming going on here, but as far as I can tell no one objects to it -- in fact, the response was lighten up and aren’t you here to have fun? and you need professional help. So I conclude that kind of spam-attack is permissible, and I'll feel free to to the same.

[Odd though. Just recently folk were calling folks like this "sneaky anonymous posters" and called themselves were "very uncomfortable" with that sort of "'behind the scenes' nastiness coming from someone who simply dismisses the value of courtesy, tact and kindness". So I can only conclude that since then the standards have changed -- unless there's a double-standard.]

#57172 02/18/02 11:16 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Seriously, seek help!

WHY did you have to bring it up again if, as you say, people don’t seem to mind?

And WHY do you feel the need to voice veiled threats?

And you are so wrong to pick and choose comments at random from a variety of people and attribute them to one. I wrote the “very uncomfortable” part – not the rest.

My post in its entirety is below. If you want to double check, you can find it in I & A in Departure. You know, the thread in which you made great show about announcing to all that you were leaving.

As you can see in the post, I don’t go on to say all the things you attribute to me. Now I know that these days, you are looking for la bête noir, so search all you want…I didn’t say those things.

I do, and am, still uncomfortable with anonymous posters, but when there someone like you on the Board I’m not surprised that people would want to hide their identities.

I promise you though, I will always stand behind my words. My Dad would not be proud of me otherwise.

So let me stand and tell you this. I think you are not a nice person at all. Your threat >So I conclude that kind of spam-attack is permissible, and I'll feel free to to the same. proves that to me.

SO, you wish to attack spam somebody. All right, spam me if it will make you feel better. Every time you do though, you’ll know what a coward you are because I stood up for my words and you did not for yours.

=================================================================

Who are you Jeepers?

You have evidently been around for a while since you know how we interact on this Board, you know how we kid around and you know how we welcome strangers. YET you post under a stranger's title and name.

For some reason I am very uncomfortable with that.

Everybody here knows me as belMarduk. I am who I am, and I will always stand up and be counted as such. It doesn't matter if I ever have an argument with someone or if someone attacks me in a PM. No-one will take my name away and I will not let them. If I ever leave and come back I will come back as belMarduk. I will not hide and I will stand up as myself.

Why do you not?

#57173 02/19/02 01:51 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
It takes some gall to deny the remarks I quoted ("I didn’t say those things"), when you yourself made one of them just three days ago: "Seriously Keiva, Aren’t you here to have fun?" [url listed at #1 below]

Thus one bottom line, bel, is that you flip-flop on you "facts".

Another is that you flip-flop on your standards. You're "uncomfortable" when Jeepers does no more than call for kindness (#2). Yet you had no discomfort at all with anonymous snipes and rants against me [url #1 again); in fact you'd joined in their giggles. (#3) But now you are suddenly upset to hear that if they may do it, then I might do it too. That's a sanctimonious double-standard, bel. [and byw, if you thing I am Jeepers, the real Jeepers must be LHAO.]

Another bottom line, I regret, is that you are stridenly rude to me ("Seriously, seek help!" "what a coward you are"). This is familiar: last fall you did the same to milum, to avi, to goldibear, and to me.

bel, I have been gentle in hearing your prior rants against me. I said merely
"enuf, bel"
or simply
"bel, may I suggest that your post is quite inaccurate, and that you may want to review the record again and then edit as you see fit? Accordingly, I shall defer for a while. Thank you." (YCLIU)

I have been gentle, but please do not try my patience. Thank you.

#1: http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=56326
#2: http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=53247
#3: http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=56276

#57174 02/19/02 02:17 AM
J
old hand
old hand
J
Please, could you all settle down? I hope I can speak for most of the board in saying that you're both wonderfully nice people who I look up to and consider friends, but this apparent hatred (or whatever it is) went too far a while ago. We all have disagreements, that's what makes the world interesting, but can't we be nice in our disagreement?

To quote from a famous song that I generally find quite annoying:
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends . . . .

#57175 02/19/02 02:58 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Because Jazz, this guy is wrong. I'm sorry if it hurts anybody's feelings but we all just bite our tongues and let him ramble on. He hurt peoples' feelings yet we still bite our tongues because we don't want to cause too much of a stir. It's not right Jazz. Why must we accept it when somebody is cruel?

#57176 02/19/02 03:00 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
You said (right above my post) ….Odd though. Just recently folk were calling folks like this "sneaky anonymous posters" and called themselves were "very uncomfortable" with that sort of "'behind the scenes' nastiness coming from someone who simply dismisses the value of courtesy, tact and kindness". So I can only conclude that since then the standards have changed -- unless there's a double-standard.] emphasis mine

Here is an exact copy of your post Keiva. Where in there do you say that I said "aren't you here to have fun".

I said in my post, that you have no right to attribute the words in your post to me. I said that the only thing you can attribute to me is the very uncomfortable part – not the rest.

Now in your examples at the bottom of your second post…sure in that link I said “aren’t you here to have fun?” See my name right beside the post. I said it. Yup, me. YOU didn’t even have it in the first post above so why are you bringing it up now? It’s not even a hurtful comment. It’s a question. And I mean it. I really don’t get your need to cause such strife on the Board.

Link two: I never said I thought you were Jeepers. Where on earth did you get that?

Link three…it was a case of prolepsic paralipsis. Cara’s definition…Thus, the AB's defensive arguments are obviated by the fact that in order to defend himself he would first have to identify himself as the AB ~ effectively requesting a directed verdict against himself (pardon the legal terminology). I agree totally. And again, there is my name beside my comment. Again, a raging case of standing by what I said. Unless you are completely dense you cannot have missed what was going on in that thread.

YOU have been gentle to ME? Don’t make me laugh. You, who thinks the world should revolve around what he thinks and behave like he says to behave. Nobody made you king and master of this Board.

YOU have been gentle to ME? I have been gentle to you, you arrogant little snot. I have held my tongue so that there would be peace on the Board. I held my tongue when you were a cruel son-of-a-bitch who felt his bruised feelings were more important than the heart-wrenching grief I was living through with the grave sickness of my parent. I held my tongue when you incorrectly accused somebody of being misleading (and for that especially I am ashamed for we should always defend the unjustly accused and I will apologize)

You are wrong.

Now, I’m giving you free reign Keiva. Write what you wish after this post. You can even invent things, lie or prevaricate, talk half-truths about me – anything you wish. I will not come and go point by point again to explain how you are incorrect. I won’t even open up this thread again so rant away, because I am sure you must.

I will ignore you. You...do as you see fit. I will not tell you what to do.

#57177 02/19/02 04:00 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
bel quotes four lines of my post from 16:52 today, and then says: Here is an exact copy of your post Keiva. Where in there do you say that I said "aren't you here to have fun". ... YOU didn’t even have it in the first post above so why are you bringing it up now? (emph. added)

bel, you misquote. My 16:52 post is two short paragraphs long -- and you quote only the second.

The words you say I "didn't even have", are right there in my first paragraph.

highlighted in blue... How could you miss them?

I'd hate to think you were being deliberately misleading, but how could you make such a mistake accidentally?

---------------

YOU have been gentle to ME? I have been gentle to you, you arrogant little snot
I provided LIU's for my position. You did not. The reader can judge for himself/herself.

---------------
"you arrogant little snot"
"cruel son-of-a-bitch"

Is this the appropriate level of dialog for this board?

#57178 02/19/02 06:48 AM
D
addict
addict
D
I give up.

#57179 02/19/02 08:45 AM
old hand
old hand
Me too mate - how 'bout we share a Mid?

stales

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
. I've been sic'd quite ruthlessly myself, of late.
Ah, yes Max - "... stay me with flagons and comfort me with apples, for I am sic (sic) of love!"

#57181 02/19/02 04:05 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Kieva, i recieved this from you:
Received: Fri Feb 15 14:01:02 2002
don't worry about it.
Question: do you know Betsy's full name (surname and pershps middle name)? There may be a wordplay on it.
[E.A.]

a few hours later, you started this thread.

Now, as you know, i didn't give you Betsy's name-- and i wouldn't give Betsy your name, or any one elses email, name or phone-- its just a general internet rule.

You ask a simple question. But this thread is evidence you were on a witch hunt.

You have complained about being spammed-- and singled out for mistreatment. But original thread, has several zingers, with Poster, posting so quickly they left their comments open to misinteruptaion-- Mav missed caradea's answer, Bel caught it, and turned it on Faldage..

but somehow, as you see it, the thread is all about you!

Max came back, and tsuwm seconded him, getting the thread back on thread. (but no one stuck up for you, right?)

this thread had moved on to Spam (the meat!) but you brought it back..

Yes, i said lighten up. and yes, bel asked if you weren't having fun; she was so pleased to be quick witted enough to turn tables on Faldage; and faldage, do you see him ranting? or Wow? She never even posted, but i intentionally misread Mav word wow as WOW!--

I told you in private, and I'll say it again in public, in the course of the thread, the gist seemed to be "if the shoe fits, wear it"-- (the shoe in this case, was the accusation of being an arogant bastard)

and what did you do? You turned yourself into Imelda Marcos! you couldn't put the shoes on fast enough! You presumed you were being called a AB, you got in a huff, and went crazy!

even though i stepped in, and claimed the title for myself, you wouldn't let it go!

you cut and paste, hunt and search- you set out to prove how hard done by, you have been. You sent me a innocent seeming post, to make me your secret allie in a effort to discredit Betsy-- but you're always above board and fair, right?

if i looked hard, i am sure i can find comments that could be interpted as less than nice about me. (some of them, i even deserve!)

But you know, the world doesn't revolve arround me. i got over that notion long ago-- maybe you should too!

#57182 02/19/02 04:41 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Well, helen, let me just point out that I have been trying to reach you for 4 days, without response. You apparently prefer to rant your views without checking your facts.

Fact 1: If you view those anonymous posts as just wordplay, not as attacks directed at any particular person, I direct you to mav's post today, saying, "Perhaps he needs more of it. [notwink]" (post #56907)

Fact 2: Yes, I certainly did want to know if the anonymous post of "[E.A.]" might be Elizabeth's initials -- as possible aid to indentifying the anonymous poster. Is it your preference that the poster remain unidentified?

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Since this seems to go on and on without end, like a dog returning to its own vomit, I have this to say to you clearly Keiva:

I am completely sick and tired of the effect your flaggellant self-obsession is having on this board, and will be having nothing more to do with you or any of your posts in the remotely forseeable future. Others will make their own judgements, of course.

#57184 02/19/02 05:05 PM
R
addict
addict
R
I'm with you Mav. What is your problem Keiva? You really are full of s***.

You've got some ******* axe to grind with something and someone but nobody else gives a s***. From now on I'm having nothing to do with your childish and immature posts.

Against my better wishes I am editing the language of this post out of respect for and by request of the decent members of this board. I apologise to anyone who may have been offended by this but the strong sentiment still stands. Peace to everyone on this board who stays for educated and FUN posting.

Rubrick

#57185 02/19/02 05:06 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
marvirulent, the problem is not me; I'm merely responding to your nastiness.

Do you expect the freedom to post comments like "Keiva, if you insist on being merely a stupid pompous asshole, why don't you just piss off" -- and expect to be immune from reply?

If it's acceptable for you to make comments like that, then ...

#57186 02/19/02 05:08 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have been ignoring any posts or PMs from Keiva and will continue to do so. I will also, unless directed to one by someone whose judgment I value, avoid any threads that he has started.

#57187 02/19/02 05:16 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Go fuck yourself you asshole! says Rubrick.

Rubr, I rather doubt that most members of the board would consider that acceptable language.

Rubr, when you made a vicious post about me (post #54400), I held my tongue. My reply to mav applies to you as well.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes Mav, and now, once again, some one has put up as evidence a post you deleted, weeks ago.. like a dog returning to its own vomit as you so aptly said.

i guess your deleting it was not enough.. you seemed to have failed to grovel.

Well that's, OK--I don't expect any one here to grovel!

#57189 02/19/02 05:21 PM
R
addict
addict
R
Take a hint you *******. You are full of s*** and people are sick of it. What does it take to make you shut up and go away you good for nothing piece of s***?

Ditto the language on this post

Rubrick

#57190 02/19/02 05:23 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
helen, the gentleman deleted that nastiness only after it had been seen -- and later specifically reaffirmed his sentiment by PM to me. I gave him a polite chance to thus "shred the evidence" of his spittle, in order to make peace. He has chosen otherwise.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
failed to grovel

True. How does one grovel for saying something like:

"Keiva, if you insist on being merely a stupid pompous asshole, why don't you just piss off" (E.A.)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Keiva,
I've beginning to suspect you are dealing with some deep-seated psychological issues that creating disputes on this board is not going to help. While that's none of my business, I do note you've managed to blow things out of proportion and managed to fight with at least a dozen of us for reasons I cannot fathom. Every single dispute currently on this board involves you. Perhaps you should (re-)read "I'm OK, You're OK" and stop and reflect. You've brought discord to this board and I for one would be happy to see you depart [E.A.] until you've gotten some professional help /meds, whatever it takes (it took meds for me, I'm not ashamed to admit. Depression and other mental illnesses are REAL and should be treated). Right now your behavior is that of a self-serving hypocrite (insulting one minute, sucking up the next) and you are ruining things for those of us who would like to discuss words. I also do not intend to address you again until you do something about this.

#57193 02/19/02 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an 'infrequent poster', i hope my $.02 won't be unwelcome here.

i have precious little time to spend on the Board, and on days like today when i find the time to log in for a 'quick fix', i am positively disgusted to find that not one but *several* threads are full of venom, all connected to a single person.

keiva, i don't know what your problems are, and i frankly don't have the time or energy to ponder them, but if truly want what's good for this board (and may i humbly point out that, despite your alarmingly numerous posts, you haven't been here all that long), i beseech you to take your own advice, in one of two ways:

(1) either leave the Board, as you promised to do

or

(2) create another "alias", and join us anew with positive contributions instead of vitriol. newcomers are welcomed with open arms, here, and even if some of us finally figure out that it's you, i can guarantee you'll be treated with courtesy and respect until such time as you revert to your old ways.

once you've dug yourself a hole this deep, you're not going to be able to climb out. FWIW, i hope you *do create an alias and come back ~ you've made some excellent contributions to the board (aside from the ugliness), and that's what we're all here for.

but as both mav and hev have pointed out, your contrary posts (and the ugly responses they elicit, as evidenced above ) are almost akin to car accidents... somehow it's difficult not to look. i find myself alternately cheering for you ("he's GOT to wake up and smell the catfood soon, everyone's given him *so many chances -- and suggestions -- to just zip his lip and move on with the word stuff") and disgusted with you ("he's even attacking BEL'M, now? you must be kidding!"), but my overwhelming feeling with all this is resentment. i can't speak for anyone else, but i limit my time on AWAD to brief spells, and not even every day. on this day, for instance, i wasted nearly all of my allotted time reading this horrid thread and crafting this [unspellchecked/grammarchecked, forgive me] post, and i'm done with it.

add me to the list ~ i don't have time for negativity, and that's what you seem to be all about.

FWIW, i feel sorry for you; you must be a desperately unhappy person. i hope you get the help you need, and if/when you come back... and prove yourself, over time, to be a 'team player'[E.A.]... i'll be the first to defend you should anyone throw stones. but until then, you'll just be ignored by this ayleur.

#57194 02/19/02 06:11 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
No point in me responding piecemeal. Any other voices to be heard from, beyond those above?

#57195 02/19/02 07:02 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
As someone who has suffered the slings and arrows of your misdirected misfortune in public for no apparent reason, I have to say that at the least, I am afraid to interact with you anymore.

#57196 02/19/02 07:20 PM
old hand
old hand
Since you asked...

I've hesitated to enter this fray, but I have no agenda other than to maintain this as a refuge of intellectual inquiry and good-natured banter. I'm an infrequent poster too, and I've taken my sweet time attaining addict status, even though I've been addicted since I first looked in on the Board. I have, however, read almost every post that's been made since last January (flatliners unite!) and I've seen some squabbles erupt periodically, but nothing that didn't settle down in due time.

This, however, is entirely unlike that.

I was astonished to see your amused response to tsuwm's post of the 12 Commandments of Flaming. Didn't you see yourself in them at all? I don't presume to know tsuwm's intent, but I saw your actions reflected in almost all of the points made therein.

I don't understand what you're trying to prove. And I don't understand how continuing this tidal wave of venom is making anything better for you or anyone else. I've never had any personal interchange with you to make me a target for your anger, but I feel relatively certain that's about to change.

#57197 02/19/02 07:27 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I also find it hard to understand how you can post a glowing public Valetine to David and Betsy on the Board one day (did you get their permisson?), when all the while you're plotting to trash Betsy the next day with your "Spammer" thread. Either you mean one or the other...but you can't mean both. Or were you just trying to make yourself look good in the eyes of the board for Valentine's Day?

#57198 02/19/02 07:38 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
whit-- that's a fair question.

I'm sending you by PM some information you would not have, which I think you will find a fully satisfactory answer and cause you to remove the question.

Edit; note to helen: let's wait until whit has the chance to see the information, shall we? You surely don't object to me trying to resolve his concern privately, before answering it in public?

#57199 02/19/02 07:57 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Whit, why should someone ever want to remove a post?
Why should someone want or expect you to remove a post?

If you did-- Would it matter? after all some one has seen your post-- I did, if no one else.

If you removed it, i might think you regretted, or somehow felt your post was inappropriate.. I mean it would almost be like you were apologizing for posting it in the first place. Even if you didn't come out and say so.

But I might not let it rest, i might post your post again and again, and comment again and again that you had asked a question! That way, if some one failed to see your post,(a post you might have made in haste, and realise was not the best) i could point it out.. by posting it my self!

You are free to delete it, as you wish, but i wonder why someone would ever be invited to delete a post, especially one that, by every appearence, did not seem to be hurtful.

#57200 02/19/02 10:46 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#57201 02/19/02 11:39 PM
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Although Rubrick's words are not the one's I would use, in looking beyond them, there is sentiment that he *echoes quite accurately, IMHO of course.

I'm also inclined to agree with AnnaS' assesment, with one slight exception: I don't *suspect it. I'm just happy your attempts at resolving your internal 'control issues' (I hate to use those words, but in this case it's as *clear as I can make it) externally (specifically here) have failed and will fail, as they should. This is not the place for "it", and certainly not the place to establish the last word of some imaginary competition. It is obvious you and I (you and a lot of people, for that matter) have differences that will never be resolved, and it must be clear your attempts and methods at that are unwelcomed.

Sir, you are truly a wordsmith... you just happen to be building something considerably different than was the intent here. Silence wasn't one of them.

#57203 02/20/02 03:35 AM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Well, Ken, in spite of the fact that I vowed I would never again respond to any of your posts, since you invite input, I repeat what I told you in private: your conduct on this board has been outrageous, unconscionable and unforgivable. Yes, there are others whose conduct and language is open to criticism Shame on you, Rubrick! but that doesn't excuse you. It's a pity, because, as I have told you, I have enjoyed many of your contributions. But you have this axe that you insist on grinding, you can't just call it a day and start over, and you insist on trying (totally without success) to justify yourself. You just can't shut up about how you are misunderstood and misused, and you keep on getting in digs at other members and trying to line up allies and, in general, sowing discord.

Do you now, at long last, have the idea: WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR/READ IT ANY MORE !!!

If, as you claim, AWAD means something positive to you, shut up totally (I don't say, as I was first going to say, go away.) If you can get yourself in a positive state of mind, I suggest maybe you might want to take the suggestion made above and rejoin under a different name, because I assure you that I, like others, will not respond to any message or read any post with the name Keiva.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,333
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 608 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith