Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#57172 02/18/02 11:16 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Seriously, seek help!

WHY did you have to bring it up again if, as you say, people don’t seem to mind?

And WHY do you feel the need to voice veiled threats?

And you are so wrong to pick and choose comments at random from a variety of people and attribute them to one. I wrote the “very uncomfortable” part – not the rest.

My post in its entirety is below. If you want to double check, you can find it in I & A in Departure. You know, the thread in which you made great show about announcing to all that you were leaving.

As you can see in the post, I don’t go on to say all the things you attribute to me. Now I know that these days, you are looking for la bête noir, so search all you want…I didn’t say those things.

I do, and am, still uncomfortable with anonymous posters, but when there someone like you on the Board I’m not surprised that people would want to hide their identities.

I promise you though, I will always stand behind my words. My Dad would not be proud of me otherwise.

So let me stand and tell you this. I think you are not a nice person at all. Your threat >So I conclude that kind of spam-attack is permissible, and I'll feel free to to the same. proves that to me.

SO, you wish to attack spam somebody. All right, spam me if it will make you feel better. Every time you do though, you’ll know what a coward you are because I stood up for my words and you did not for yours.

=================================================================

Who are you Jeepers?

You have evidently been around for a while since you know how we interact on this Board, you know how we kid around and you know how we welcome strangers. YET you post under a stranger's title and name.

For some reason I am very uncomfortable with that.

Everybody here knows me as belMarduk. I am who I am, and I will always stand up and be counted as such. It doesn't matter if I ever have an argument with someone or if someone attacks me in a PM. No-one will take my name away and I will not let them. If I ever leave and come back I will come back as belMarduk. I will not hide and I will stand up as myself.

Why do you not?

#57173 02/19/02 01:51 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
It takes some gall to deny the remarks I quoted ("I didn’t say those things"), when you yourself made one of them just three days ago: "Seriously Keiva, Aren’t you here to have fun?" [url listed at #1 below]

Thus one bottom line, bel, is that you flip-flop on you "facts".

Another is that you flip-flop on your standards. You're "uncomfortable" when Jeepers does no more than call for kindness (#2). Yet you had no discomfort at all with anonymous snipes and rants against me [url #1 again); in fact you'd joined in their giggles. (#3) But now you are suddenly upset to hear that if they may do it, then I might do it too. That's a sanctimonious double-standard, bel. [and byw, if you thing I am Jeepers, the real Jeepers must be LHAO.]

Another bottom line, I regret, is that you are stridenly rude to me ("Seriously, seek help!" "what a coward you are"). This is familiar: last fall you did the same to milum, to avi, to goldibear, and to me.

bel, I have been gentle in hearing your prior rants against me. I said merely
"enuf, bel"
or simply
"bel, may I suggest that your post is quite inaccurate, and that you may want to review the record again and then edit as you see fit? Accordingly, I shall defer for a while. Thank you." (YCLIU)

I have been gentle, but please do not try my patience. Thank you.

#1: http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=56326
#2: http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=53247
#3: http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=56276

#57174 02/19/02 02:17 AM
J
old hand
old hand
J
Please, could you all settle down? I hope I can speak for most of the board in saying that you're both wonderfully nice people who I look up to and consider friends, but this apparent hatred (or whatever it is) went too far a while ago. We all have disagreements, that's what makes the world interesting, but can't we be nice in our disagreement?

To quote from a famous song that I generally find quite annoying:
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends . . . .

#57175 02/19/02 02:58 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Because Jazz, this guy is wrong. I'm sorry if it hurts anybody's feelings but we all just bite our tongues and let him ramble on. He hurt peoples' feelings yet we still bite our tongues because we don't want to cause too much of a stir. It's not right Jazz. Why must we accept it when somebody is cruel?

#57176 02/19/02 03:00 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
You said (right above my post) ….Odd though. Just recently folk were calling folks like this "sneaky anonymous posters" and called themselves were "very uncomfortable" with that sort of "'behind the scenes' nastiness coming from someone who simply dismisses the value of courtesy, tact and kindness". So I can only conclude that since then the standards have changed -- unless there's a double-standard.] emphasis mine

Here is an exact copy of your post Keiva. Where in there do you say that I said "aren't you here to have fun".

I said in my post, that you have no right to attribute the words in your post to me. I said that the only thing you can attribute to me is the very uncomfortable part – not the rest.

Now in your examples at the bottom of your second post…sure in that link I said “aren’t you here to have fun?” See my name right beside the post. I said it. Yup, me. YOU didn’t even have it in the first post above so why are you bringing it up now? It’s not even a hurtful comment. It’s a question. And I mean it. I really don’t get your need to cause such strife on the Board.

Link two: I never said I thought you were Jeepers. Where on earth did you get that?

Link three…it was a case of prolepsic paralipsis. Cara’s definition…Thus, the AB's defensive arguments are obviated by the fact that in order to defend himself he would first have to identify himself as the AB ~ effectively requesting a directed verdict against himself (pardon the legal terminology). I agree totally. And again, there is my name beside my comment. Again, a raging case of standing by what I said. Unless you are completely dense you cannot have missed what was going on in that thread.

YOU have been gentle to ME? Don’t make me laugh. You, who thinks the world should revolve around what he thinks and behave like he says to behave. Nobody made you king and master of this Board.

YOU have been gentle to ME? I have been gentle to you, you arrogant little snot. I have held my tongue so that there would be peace on the Board. I held my tongue when you were a cruel son-of-a-bitch who felt his bruised feelings were more important than the heart-wrenching grief I was living through with the grave sickness of my parent. I held my tongue when you incorrectly accused somebody of being misleading (and for that especially I am ashamed for we should always defend the unjustly accused and I will apologize)

You are wrong.

Now, I’m giving you free reign Keiva. Write what you wish after this post. You can even invent things, lie or prevaricate, talk half-truths about me – anything you wish. I will not come and go point by point again to explain how you are incorrect. I won’t even open up this thread again so rant away, because I am sure you must.

I will ignore you. You...do as you see fit. I will not tell you what to do.

#57177 02/19/02 04:00 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
bel quotes four lines of my post from 16:52 today, and then says: Here is an exact copy of your post Keiva. Where in there do you say that I said "aren't you here to have fun". ... YOU didn’t even have it in the first post above so why are you bringing it up now? (emph. added)

bel, you misquote. My 16:52 post is two short paragraphs long -- and you quote only the second.

The words you say I "didn't even have", are right there in my first paragraph.

highlighted in blue... How could you miss them?

I'd hate to think you were being deliberately misleading, but how could you make such a mistake accidentally?

---------------

YOU have been gentle to ME? I have been gentle to you, you arrogant little snot
I provided LIU's for my position. You did not. The reader can judge for himself/herself.

---------------
"you arrogant little snot"
"cruel son-of-a-bitch"

Is this the appropriate level of dialog for this board?

#57178 02/19/02 06:48 AM
D
addict
addict
D
I give up.

#57179 02/19/02 08:45 AM
old hand
old hand
Me too mate - how 'bout we share a Mid?

stales

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
. I've been sic'd quite ruthlessly myself, of late.
Ah, yes Max - "... stay me with flagons and comfort me with apples, for I am sic (sic) of love!"

#57181 02/19/02 04:05 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Kieva, i recieved this from you:
Received: Fri Feb 15 14:01:02 2002
don't worry about it.
Question: do you know Betsy's full name (surname and pershps middle name)? There may be a wordplay on it.
[E.A.]

a few hours later, you started this thread.

Now, as you know, i didn't give you Betsy's name-- and i wouldn't give Betsy your name, or any one elses email, name or phone-- its just a general internet rule.

You ask a simple question. But this thread is evidence you were on a witch hunt.

You have complained about being spammed-- and singled out for mistreatment. But original thread, has several zingers, with Poster, posting so quickly they left their comments open to misinteruptaion-- Mav missed caradea's answer, Bel caught it, and turned it on Faldage..

but somehow, as you see it, the thread is all about you!

Max came back, and tsuwm seconded him, getting the thread back on thread. (but no one stuck up for you, right?)

this thread had moved on to Spam (the meat!) but you brought it back..

Yes, i said lighten up. and yes, bel asked if you weren't having fun; she was so pleased to be quick witted enough to turn tables on Faldage; and faldage, do you see him ranting? or Wow? She never even posted, but i intentionally misread Mav word wow as WOW!--

I told you in private, and I'll say it again in public, in the course of the thread, the gist seemed to be "if the shoe fits, wear it"-- (the shoe in this case, was the accusation of being an arogant bastard)

and what did you do? You turned yourself into Imelda Marcos! you couldn't put the shoes on fast enough! You presumed you were being called a AB, you got in a huff, and went crazy!

even though i stepped in, and claimed the title for myself, you wouldn't let it go!

you cut and paste, hunt and search- you set out to prove how hard done by, you have been. You sent me a innocent seeming post, to make me your secret allie in a effort to discredit Betsy-- but you're always above board and fair, right?

if i looked hard, i am sure i can find comments that could be interpted as less than nice about me. (some of them, i even deserve!)

But you know, the world doesn't revolve arround me. i got over that notion long ago-- maybe you should too!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,331
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 854 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith