Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#56433 02/15/02 02:02 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Many thanks for the link, Keiva - I can now go and brandish it under the nose of the Quizmaster and make myself generally obnoxious

M
old hand
old hand
M

Re: Hair today, gone tomorrow

Underarm hair, like pubic hair, is a secondary sexual characteristic, it helps establish your scent.

Ain’t it the truth troy. But Father Nature rarely packages adaptations into the neat little language packets that we require for our understanding. There are likely many reasons for the advent of underarm hair, one in particular is as a anti-friction pad to prevent chafing, and for the moment let’s shy away from the anti-friction aspects of pubic hair, and move the discussion up the torso to
beneath the hat, and above the head.

The small bald spot on the top of head doesn't seem to have a name. Everyone has a spot, even ethnic groups that don’t in maturity had them when they were young. The pattern of hair, this rosette of hair, begins at this spot. Like the uppermost layer of a thatch roof of a house, hair growth is directed outward and overlaying from this point. As a consequence droplets of water are directed off the head and onto the ground. Free-thinking Glenn G. Strickland in the book “Genesis Revisited” carried this process a step further. He noticed that the hairs on the body pointed down, directing water off and to the ground, except for those on the outer thighs and the backs of the forearms. Puzzling as well was the reality that the the bald spot was near the rear of the head and not on top as it should be.

Clasp both hands behind your neck. Now squat down. This is the way your great ancestors passed time through rainstorms.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Everyone has a spot, even ethnic groups that don’t in maturity had them when they were young. The pattern of hair, this rosette of hair, begins at this spot

I know this spot as the crown.. crowns come right handed, and left handed, centered, or for some lucky people, (such as my family!) you get two spots.. you are double crowned.. (and if you are my sister, you have a double crown, a widows peak and a cow lick! which severly limits hair styling!

double crowns and cow licks interfer with this natural flow of the hair.. (and i am presuming here every one knows what a cows lick is..)

#56436 02/17/02 06:19 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It's just a pity that I have never yet been able to find an off-the-rack hat big enough for me, and I can't be bothered going to a milliner to get one made.

Move over Max Quordlepleen, say a big hello to Max Headroom! I b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-saw you at the ferry terminal in Dover last week, actually ...

And our underarm hair is, to my knowledge, the outcome of an unholy alliance between the current version of the common deity and Wilkinson Sword. All this evolutionary crap ... pshaaaaw!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
old hand
old hand
re body hair - I recall hearing a presentation from a student somewhere as to why there are "fly trails" (as we call them) of hair between the pubic region and the belly button. This guy had done experiments with shaving different diameters of hair from the belly button.

His conclusion was that the fly trail had evolved exclusively for the transport of lint into the belly button.

stales

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
His conclusion was that the fly trail had evolved exclusively for the transport of lint into the belly button.

Sounds eminently reasonable, particularly as Wilkinson Sword hadn't already staked the territory out!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Yuck, only a guy would come to that conclusion. The belly-button is *not a storage area!

G
old hand
old hand
G
As a bald man, I've noticed that the less hirsute I get cranially, the more I get elsewhere. My eyebrows can now be combed over my head, replacing the hair lost there, to say nothing of the ear hair, which can replace sideburns nicely. As for the belly button, I wouldn't know if there's any lint there, since I can no longer see it through the black forest of fur. And, worst of all, there's a thicket in my - uh - umm - nether regions. This appears to be primarily a male phenomenon, thank goodness! So now you know why I wear a hat - to hide my fuzzy face! And, yes, it's damned cold in the winter and hot in the summer without one.

A
addict
addict
A
As a bald man, I've noticed....

Hey, Geoff, it's really nice to have you back! And thank you for that verbal picture of yourself! Such a handsome devil you must be!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,338
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 651 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,544
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith