About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Dear wwh

Re Dear GT: No article can meet the needs of those less well informed than you are, without seeming inane to you.

I'm not exactly sure what point you are tryen ta make but if ya go back over and read me comments when the mist has cleared, ya might see that although, I thought the artical was indeed informative, I felt parts that of it were presented in an innane fashion. The tone and use of language didn't always meet me approval.

Perhaps yer right - I may not be that well up on me farts, but I've being known ta spot a boring old one from 50 paces (only joken, Dr Bill! - just couldn't resist that one!)

GT

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear GT: may I suggest you never volunteer to produce flatus for ignition by sadistic experimenters. I remember seeing it done when I was a kid, and the victim screamed bloody murder claiming the muzzle of the cannon got burned, because the flame went both ways. Reminds me of joke I heard at that age. Kid gets caught by the Devil, who says he will let him go, if he can think of something impossible for the Devil to do. The kid cocks up one hip, emits a thunderous blast, and insolently says: "Chase that around the corner, strain it through a sieve, and paint it green".

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Post-edit: [expression-of-concern deleted, the matter having been well-resolved by all] Thank you.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Ho! What's this? Here we are a word site, and no one cares about palindromes...yet lots of response to farts!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Newer Ted, your "boring old one" line certainly gives the lie to the first part of the screen name you chose. And if that line was a direct ref. to my beloved Dr. Bill, then I am going to tell you that: there probably isn't any person who isn't boring at some time or another; and even if he were, I love that man and do not want him to be insulted. Ever. GRR-RR. We have really developed a pattern of not doing that here. Disagreements can be worded as facts, not insults.

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Keiva: Of course GT's last sentence was way out. Some old farts can be recognised at much greater
distance.

Let's get literary. I wonder why mythology should not have some impressive manifestations of this phenomenon. Hephaestus could have employed it.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
No old fish on this board. If you see an old fish, I'll cornobble him, especially if he's an arctophile.

Nothing 'bout Bills, however, is boring, and that's worth bearing.

Best regards,
DubDub

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dear Everyone

I'm a very peaceable bear at heart and never likes ta upset anyone.

I likes very much Dr Bill - in fact he was one of the first people ta welcome ta the site. I don't want ta be washen me durty laundry in public, but in a private correspondance ta Kieva I did explain me actions.

Ya see, I thought the comment Dear GT: No article can meet the needs of those less well informed than you are, without seeming inane to you was also inappropriate and as I said ta Kieva "What's good fer the goose is good fer the gander." I'm quiet sure thar Dr Bill took the hole thing in his stride. Whitman is quite right in his comments - it seems as if the s*** has indeed hit the fan and a Fart War could brake out any minute!

Unfortunately, if this is the case I'm goen ta have ta bow out now, fer if a war does brake out I'll surely win. Ya see, I take no prisoners and as I have a mind like a sewer (though I don't often use it)(the sewer bit, that is - not me mind), I'll have plenty of ammunition and all that sorta stuff and nonsense ta fight with. I've got a lot of stink bombs in me arsenal as well.

Anyways, I'm sure Bill took my comment in the same way I took his - in the best of fate. If ye do continue the fight may the best man win, cos this bear has farted around enuff fer one day and won't be taken sides!

Keep the peace and may the forts be with ya.

GT

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>no one cares about palindromes...

ned, dam strafe farts madden

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I have committed too many worse sins on the board to be entitled to such kind demonstrations of affection. I took no offense, and have sent GT a pleasant PM. Peace be unto us all.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,360
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (wofahulicodoc), 610 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,556
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith