Print Thread
#36019 07/20/01 10:52 AM
R
rodward Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
OK, I'll take two rounds, if someone will repost the official rules.
The word is:

liripoop

Definitions by PM to me by 9.00 Tuesday morning GMT. OK? Should get the results by next Friday.

Rod

#36020 07/20/01 04:43 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
here are the "official" rules again, again.

in the normal course of the game only the contributors would vote. we've liberalized the rules to let everyone participate. my interpretation was that contributors get the two points for a correct guess, while the "onlookers" get one; also only the participants would be considered for application of rule 3. here are the rules again, as amended to date:

1. One point is given to each player for every vote (or guess) his phony definition receives.
2. Two points are awarded to each player who chooses the true meaning.
3. Three points are given to the moderator only if none of the players choose the true meaning.
4. Three points are awarded to any player who submits a definition which is similar or very close to the correct meaning.
5. If two or more players submit a definition per rule 4 (in the judgment of the moderator), the round will be thrown out with no points scored (or the moderator can disqualify obvious attempts to sabotage the game :-Þ )
6. A player may vote for her own definition but scores points only for those others she can bluff
into also voting for that definition.. (i.e., you can't get a rule 1 point that way!)

since we're trying to promote the game, anyone can vote but non-players will receive only one (1) point for a correct guess. should a non-player be the only correct guesser, he will be awarded the rule 2 points (2) and the moderator will be awarded the rule 3 points (3)

rule 5 has also been liberalized at the discretion of the moderator to award multiple occurrences of 'correct' bluffs, what with the high number of entries and all.

Bingley has also inflated the scoring [see intro ¶ and rule 2].

#36021 07/20/01 08:58 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
<<also only the participants would be considered for application of rule 3.

3. Three points are given to the moderator only if none of the players choose the true meaning.>>

What am I missing?

#36022 07/20/01 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IP asks:

What am I missing?

I'm guessing that this means that only votes by those who have submitted definitions for that round count toward depriving the moderator of his 3 points for an "ace". otherwise, if every tom dick and harry (HEY! we don't have any Toms, Dicks *or* Harrys on this board, do we!?!? how odd....) votes, the poor moderator will likely NEVER get those bonus points.

i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong =)

#36023 07/20/01 09:58 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
aedarac backs out i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

I would, but.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,339
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 756 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,545
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith