Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#3076 - 01/18/01 04:43 PM Re: Behaviour of links to other threads
Marty Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Are you saying that you still cannot view this thread without it tangling up?

No no, Jo, he said assonantally. This thread displays properly for me, as does any other thread accessed by the normal icons and menus of the board. It's only when I click on a URL which is included within a post as a link to another thread that things go awry. But you're onto something - it seems to be "older" threads that misbehave.

Try this example...

1. Correct behaviour.
If I click on this link:
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=13171
a second AWADtalk browser window opens, displaying the correct post "Grammar Primer" from Q&A. If I hit "Show All" I see all posts in that thread.

2. Incorrect behaviour.
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=11941,
opens the correct post "place names" in Q&A, but Show All inexplicably displays all posts in the MaxQ's "Two times twice" thread!!

Beats me!

#3077 - 01/18/01 05:07 PM Re: Behaviour of links to other threads
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah

>But you're onto something - it seems to be "older" threads that misbehave.

Yep, smae thing happens when I try.

Funny, I've tried some quite old threads tonight and they appear fine. Unfortunately we wander off the subject so much that sometimes it doesn't even need to cross thread for it to look as if it had gone loopy.

#3078 - 01/18/01 08:16 PM Re: ASL in the courtroom
Father Steve Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Seattle, Washington, USA
I had a deaf defendant in front of me this week and the court assigned an ASL interpreter to assist in the matter. The interpreter asked if he might move a chair such that he would sit with his back to me and his face to the defendant, defense attorney and prosecutor. I said that would be fine but found it mildly distracting to be looking at the back of his head. When the matter was concluded, I told the interpreter that I learned a little sign when my son studied it in college and was therefor able to grasp some of what he was signing. I was puzzled however by a sign which he used several times during the hearing where he would lift his right elbow such that his upper arm was parellel to the floor and put his right hand over his right ear and then move his sightly-cupped fingers up and down rapidly several times behind his ear. I asked what it meant. "Nothing," he replied, "I had an itch."

#3079 - 01/18/01 10:13 PM Re: ASL in the courtroom
Capital Kiwi Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Northamptonshire, England
FS, that story has the feel of another lawyer joke being born. I hope you laughed!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Jackie 
Forum Stats
8737 Members
16 Forums
13806 Topics
215094 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
ashishsum, ackcat, mayne, Yesurbius, QueenCobra
8737 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
LukeJavan8 100
endymion6 96
wofahulicodoc 83
A C Bowden 44
jenny jenny 10
Tromboniator 7
FoFong 3
LadyReader 2
May 2
tsuwm 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11609
tsuwm 10522
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
AnnaStrophic 6511
LukeJavan8 6479
Wordwind 6296
of troy 5400
BranShea 5282

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith