Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
F
addict
addict
F
I'd add that I avoid yard work at all costs, primarily through not owning grounds of my own. My baby and I and my baby's mom just pay a monthly amount to our landlord, and that nasty yard work is his duty! Raking things that fall from limbs of big plants is a particularly unhappy duty that I unfondly think about from my childhood. And I don't want to think about mowing lawns! What a bad job that is!

It is difficult to avoid that symbol that is just right of "w". I must look into that lipogrammatic book by thX man from that country by Spain. What a task to craft a full book of this!

PS. I now am a "man on a long trip" and not a "unfamiliar individual" to this board! Huzzah for Flatlandah (local pronunication)!

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
RAH Flatlandah ! So good to find anotha' Northana who knows how to tahk right.

Spaaht-orb is local pronunciashun koshah?

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
From Ol' Scribbluh (Is "ScribblUh" fair? If not, omit it! Also "Ol'")

Spaaht-orb is #%^#% koshah?

All is OK in ardor and conflict with arms; only a taboo symbol must you avoid - by what tool is of your own choosing.

Only, Flatlandah has mistook his task, and so did post a taboo symbol. Oops! Mayhaps Flats will favor us with a transformation of "Blink, Blink, Small Star."

And wow, you too did stray. How about a translation of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"?

Avoiding taboos is an utmost trial!

F
addict
addict
F
Flats is sorry, in truth. A dastardly typo and I must craft a difficult translation. In original lingo, "Blink Blink" has a multiplicity of parts, so I transform only half-six parts for your approval, Ms. Spartorb, thus:

Blink, blink, small star
What, in fact, is your form?
Up atop our world so high
As a diamond in that sky

As blazing sun from sight did go
As soon as sun's rays do not glow
At that point you show your small light
Blink, blink, all of that night
Blink, blink, small star

At that point a pilgrim in that dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark
His way would not loom into sight
If you did not blink just right
Blink, blink, small star

I could not put similar sounding words as a tail to all portions of my translation, but I was striving for it. Art thou up to your task, wow?

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Good work, Inhabitant of Disc World; lack of that which would normally distinguish this art form is put back by rythm and scansion that is good. Congratulations

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Oh Flats! What a wondrous translation! You did a good job, and artful too. But a solitary stanza would satisfy my bidding, and you did many. A big kiss to you, Flats.

F
addict
addict
F
I thank you, Buck-tan for your acclaim (and I blush at your osculation). A similar kiss to you for thinking up this sport! This lipogrammatic communication is difficult but fun. Following a span of crafting posts without that-which-I-cannot-say, as I look at posts out of this string, I look at that taboo symbol as if it was in crimson! Do any AWAD individuals know "La Disparition" (that lipogrammatic book)? I think its translation is "A Void" by a Mr. Adair. I think that in its original francais it is not obvious that it contains no taboo symbols, but I do not know that country's lingo to say on my own.

What is yard work's worst task, according to you all?

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J

What is yard work's worst task, according to you all?
Raking grass that hasn't had mowing for a month.

jimdog

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Uprooting plants that grow wild– and so spoil my plan. Broad fauna among grassy swaths –in all forms–or just as bad, doing it again- in ground dug up, (and down) to form artist displays of un common flora. I opt for flora that displays color, form and aroma with contrasting traits
uprooting common wild things with that grow long tap roots and do willfully spoil my stabs at form is most difficult

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Truth, of troy. Pulling up tooth-of-lion blossom is odious. And so many, many such stand proudly in my yard. I told my son (who is amid two and four) to pick as many as my son might want, and I did hand two blossoms to him, but my son did anguish and put both blossoms back among grass with much thought and caution. So much for that plan.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,330
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,577 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,541
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith