Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
This was a case of deliberate premature ejaculation, not masturbation.
Or was it a case of withdrawal-- a form of birthcontrol (albeit a not very effective one), ie, malthusiamism?

And I am not sure that if you lie down with a woman, get excited-- and then finish up with out her--isn't that a sort of masturbation? We had a president who would most likely define that at not having "sex"-- ("Sure, i went to bed with her, and sure I became aroused-- and yes, i even climaxed-- but not in her-- she never got a chance to get aroused-- she never climaxed.. So, no, I never had sex with her! )(and well, in this day and age a very dangerous activity!)(followed up, by our former illustrious leader, with little game played with a cigar--proving that sometime a cigar isn't just a smoke!)

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Max: You are of course right, but what good does it do you so long as the dictionary gives both meanings? The idiots who got it wrong outnumber you, and have you surrounded.You wouldn't disagree with a dictionary, now, would you?

#28657 05/08/01 10:31 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I guess in the days of Onan, the levirate marriage was the only possible means of providing care for the widow and orphans, and therefore desirable. The survival of the tribe depended on keeping birthrate up, so coitus interruptus was justifiably condemned.

#28659 05/08/01 10:52 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#28660 05/09/01 04:04 AM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Note to HYLA -- Speaking of the P-- and the M--, If, as you read the book, you had any doubt as to who was the Professor and who was the Madman, a later chapter removed ALL DOUBT! One of those guys knew what his problem was, and through SELF-HELP!???, he undertook successfully to "cure" what ailed him. OUCHHHHHHHH! emoticon. BTW, Mark Twain undoubtedly would not stomach such talk in any of HIS books. I'll not say any more on the subject because I do not want to offend my friend, Jackie, (unless, of course, Jackie condones further exploration of the topic purely in the interest of philological research.)

#28661 05/09/01 07:47 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Boy, do some threads grow quickly. I suggest you all get a grip on yourselves!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
R
addict
addict
R
"sideburns and ample bugger's grips"
There are a number of similar phrases all referring to appendages purportedly (careful how I spelt that emoticon) useful to obtain a firm grip.
"Buggers handles" often refers to the fleshy folds by the kidneys which afford a good grip if large enough. I have heard the phrase also used to refer to sideburns. Neither phrase is used in polite society but might be used with colleagues. However the phrase "Bugger Lugs" to mean large (and hence presumably graspable) ears, is used more commonly and in wider society. Also used to refer to someone with big or protruding ears (e.g. Prince Charles aka "WingNut"). Not particularly friendly, as it is designed to mock. Could be used in a soccer crowd to the linesman as in "Oy BuggerLugs! That were our throw-in, not theirs!"

Rod

R
addict
addict
R
Since the conversation has already sunk this low, a couple of comments.

A few days ago I received a jokey quiz for men on matters sexual. Answer A was the romantic, Answer C the real man's answer. For example:
Spending the whole night cuddling a woman you've just had sex with is:
A: The best part of the experience
B: The second best part of the experience
C: 100 bucks extra.

Anyway the last question is apropos the specific subject Onanism(Don't look Jackie):
A woman who is uncomfortable watching you masturbate:

A. Probably needs a little more time before she can cope with that sort of intimacy.
B. Is uptight and a waste of time.
C. Shouldn't have sat next to you on the bus in the first place.

Moving swiftly on, many years ago when the word "wank" was unknown in the US, a colleague of mine moved to the States and formed a soccer team known as the Westchester Wankers. And no, apparently the team didn't know what it meant either. I think he told them it was some technical soccer term (like dribbling?).

But I also agree that it is a very flexible term and is used quite frequently in UK.

Rod

#28664 05/09/01 03:56 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear CK: are you suggesting a gangbang? For shame!
Linear Accelerator radiation treatment for prostatic CA disqualified me six years ago.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,373
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,562
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith