Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tsuwm Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
so, out of 2230 registered users, only 30 (not allowing for regulars who were otherwise occupied) felt connected enough to add to the anniversary thread. is there a problem therein, or is that the best core you can hope for in this sort of venue? (any lurkers who would like to chime in?)

just maundering,
-joe bfstplk

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
It would be interesting to know why some of those who do participate did not make an anniversary post.
At least we have had several newcomers who are obviously very talented.
I suppose some of the former participants who have left us felt they had run out of ideas. It would have been a very nice touch if they had chosen to let us know why they decided not to contribute any longer.

old hand
old hand
Hey Ron/Joe/tsuwhittsuwhoo

My guess is that the initial effulgences were in themselves so powerful and satisfying that any further posts might have been deemed to be redundant. In fact, after about the first five or so, the only posts were from those who cannot keep their mouths shut (me, basically) and those who still had more wonder and glory to add to the list of compliments (Jackie, Anu himself and others).

That's my take, anyway.

'Sides - how would this software cope if we hade 2230 regulars!

cheer

the sunshine warrior

H
addict
addict
H
how would this software cope if we hade 2230 regulars!

Along this line - didn't the wordsmith server go down yesterday afternoon? Or was that just a connection problem I was having? I think we had gone through most of the time zones by the time it happened, but we might have missed a contributor in the Aleutians.

p.s. This may have been commented on before, but I just had to note that Ænigma doesn't recognize the word "wordsmith."

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
if we hade 2230 regulars!

It would be quite singular and that would be ... (Ænigma knows)

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
"if we hade 2230 regulars"

That might be Hades.

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Perhaps for the SECOND Anniversary we could ask Anu (bless his name) to set up a category which would allow us to sign in with our name and/or BoardName and city/country of origin. This time we tried to surprise him (Fat Chance Department) Next year we could do it with his help?
-- wait wait!--
OR perhaps tsuwn or Max could set up a category that would work like that?
Just throwing it out there for discussion or shooting down.
(Department of AYLEUR)
wow

N
N
In reply to:

(any lurkers who would like to chime in?)

I have only just managed to make it back here after a prolonged absence. Part of the reason for that is my significant other. Like most males, he is very possessive of things "techy", and has been spending so much time at our computer that I have not been able to get a look in. I am very sorry to have missed the birthday celebrations, but, on the plus(?) side, I have at least had the TV remote all to myself! It's good to be back, even if the thousands of unread posts are rather daunting.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
nemo,

So, quick! Go post your message in the birthday thread! It's still March 15 where I am

J
old hand
old hand
J
The most sobering thought I have right now is that this is the only Capricious Piffle that I've received no comments about . . . scary.

Maybe that's because it's been so long since the last one no one can remember what it is.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ah, JazzO... if it's any consolation, I received no comments - in public - on my twin dactyls. And as far as I know, shanks (er... make that Snark) has received none on his lengthy-reference-filled verse. I enjoyed your faux history, as usual, and I'm sure others did, as well. We soldier on....

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear AnnaStrophic: Since the poets among us have no equals among us, and are entitled to judgment only by their peers, silence is an inevitable consequence.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
[tsuwm] >so, out of 2230 registered users, only 30 (not allowing for regulars who were otherwise occupied) felt connected enough to add to the anniversary thread. is there a problem therein, or is that the best core you can hope for in this sort of venue? (any lurkers who would like to chime in?)

I blush to say that I am one of the late well-wishers and (MaxQ "is the problem therein". When I saw his very colorful opening salvo, I wanted some colors, too. But I did not know how to use the markup in your posts feature ( I'm still a stranger, you see)and there's the rub. So while everyone was busy sending in their greetings, I was working hard on "coloring". (Sparteye I hope you are looking at this post.) In addition, "I lost a thread" so I was looking for that, too. With the able help of wwh I was able to find that thread, but by then it was midnight and I was already very sleepy......

chronist

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
In reply to:

I blush to say that I am one of the late well-wishers and (MaxQ "is the problem therein". When I saw his very colorful opening salvo, I wanted some colors, too. But I did not know how to use the markup in your posts feature

SORRY!

Avy Offline
old hand
old hand
Anna !
I thought your poem was great.
I was happy to read it. Put a big smile on my face.
[wide-eyed-waiting-for-return-compliment emoticon]

Ravi I've already written to. I enjoyed reading Rhuby's verse from the Rubaiayat. It's very apt and - it is the Rubaiyat! (enough said) I liked Jo's, Max's and musick's messages. And Jazzo! And of course everyone's messages - really.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Well, as long as we're all gonna grouse about our birthday wish posts ... (I have to admit, I didn't see this coming.)

JazzO, you at least should have picked up on my Broad and High praises.

Well?

And wordcrazy, I'm glad you found the markup commands!

GO SPARTANS!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
[wide-eyed-waiting-for-return-compliment emoticon]

Avy! I hope I'm not too late (handing you eyedrops).

I enjoyed your offering, especially the anastrophe in the first line of the second stanza.

tsuwm Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
>I have to admit, I didn't see this coming

I, on the other hand, fully expected this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,340
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 646 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,546
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith