Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ah, JazzO... if it's any consolation, I received no comments - in public - on my twin dactyls. And as far as I know, shanks (er... make that Snark) has received none on his lengthy-reference-filled verse. I enjoyed your faux history, as usual, and I'm sure others did, as well. We soldier on....

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear AnnaStrophic: Since the poets among us have no equals among us, and are entitled to judgment only by their peers, silence is an inevitable consequence.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
[tsuwm] >so, out of 2230 registered users, only 30 (not allowing for regulars who were otherwise occupied) felt connected enough to add to the anniversary thread. is there a problem therein, or is that the best core you can hope for in this sort of venue? (any lurkers who would like to chime in?)

I blush to say that I am one of the late well-wishers and (MaxQ "is the problem therein". When I saw his very colorful opening salvo, I wanted some colors, too. But I did not know how to use the markup in your posts feature ( I'm still a stranger, you see)and there's the rub. So while everyone was busy sending in their greetings, I was working hard on "coloring". (Sparteye I hope you are looking at this post.) In addition, "I lost a thread" so I was looking for that, too. With the able help of wwh I was able to find that thread, but by then it was midnight and I was already very sleepy......

chronist

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
In reply to:

I blush to say that I am one of the late well-wishers and (MaxQ "is the problem therein". When I saw his very colorful opening salvo, I wanted some colors, too. But I did not know how to use the markup in your posts feature

SORRY!

Avy Offline
old hand
old hand
Anna !
I thought your poem was great.
I was happy to read it. Put a big smile on my face.
[wide-eyed-waiting-for-return-compliment emoticon]

Ravi I've already written to. I enjoyed reading Rhuby's verse from the Rubaiayat. It's very apt and - it is the Rubaiyat! (enough said) I liked Jo's, Max's and musick's messages. And Jazzo! And of course everyone's messages - really.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Well, as long as we're all gonna grouse about our birthday wish posts ... (I have to admit, I didn't see this coming.)

JazzO, you at least should have picked up on my Broad and High praises.

Well?

And wordcrazy, I'm glad you found the markup commands!

GO SPARTANS!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
[wide-eyed-waiting-for-return-compliment emoticon]

Avy! I hope I'm not too late (handing you eyedrops).

I enjoyed your offering, especially the anastrophe in the first line of the second stanza.

tsuwm Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
>I have to admit, I didn't see this coming

I, on the other hand, fully expected this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,340
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 646 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,546
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith