Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Maybe somewhere along the line you lost he Socratian trail, JJ . Take care to keep your übermind alert when you drive while listening to music or else you might walz off the road somewhere. The conscious and subconscious are Siamese twins having fun together. (if all is well).

J
veteran
veteran
J
Thanks Branshe, an honest opinion makes my day especially when it comes from a fellow woman. But sometimes we must sneak up on a gestalt rather than employing the use of Socratic tricks. Naturally you are biased, after all you are the external represenative to the human and non-human world you walk through, you give out and gather information and get to taste the bitter and the sweet therein so it is no wonder you feel "top dog".

But meanwhile, while you sleep and while you are busy being a sensor, a bigger drama is talking place; a drama that takes it's dictates from a far greater imperative - your raison d'être that is and was inherent in the Big Bang.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Woeweee! jj. I know better than to sneak up on a gestalt and usually I do a runner when I sensor gestalts sneaking up on me! sick

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I solved a tricky programming problem in my head coming home from Bedford tonight. No gestalt, no determinism, and my eyes and subconscious were firmly on the road. This holds true for me, too, if I am talking to a passenger in the car. It doesn't hold good if I am having a phone conversation while I drive. So I don't.

Is this relevant? Probably not.

I gave up on philosophy when I realised that for every tenable philosophical theorem there is an equally tenable anti-theorem.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
J
veteran
veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Capital Kiwi
I solved a tricky programming problem in my head coming home from Bedford tonight. No gestalt, no determinism, and my eyes and subconscious were firmly on the road. This holds true for me, too, if I am talking to a passenger in the car. It doesn't hold good if I am having a phone conversation while I drive. So I don't.
Is this relevant?
Probably not. I gave up on philosophy when I realised that for every tenable philosophical theorem there is an equally tenable anti-theorem.
Good obsversations, Mister Kiwi; but maybeso your subconscious mind relieved the you of driving justso he could slip the solution to the programing problem into your obstinate forebrain with ease.

And just curious; after you gave up on philosophies, what values, for God's sake, replaced them? Surely you don't live your life willy-nilly.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Philosophy was OK back when it was helping us figure out how to think. When it took to defending the indefensible is when it got off the rails.

J
veteran
veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Faldage
Philosophy was OK back when it was helping us figure out how to think. When it took to defending the indefensible is when it got off the rails.

I agree, Fladage. Your terse words serve as a marker to help move the discussion along. Thanks for your kind tips.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm a Vietnamerse. My English is bad, so I need your help to improve my English. This is the first time I find your page and register. Thank you for helping.

J
veteran
veteran
J
See Faldo, your pithy points serve to move the disscusion around.

But no, moonlight, start your own thread to practice your English.
There are hundreds of people here who might help you practice English, but it is rude of you to ask us to change the subject under discussion. smile

Last edited by jenny jenny; 02/26/13 04:35 AM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not so much rude as likely perplexed by how this site operates.

Welcome moonlight! Perhaps start a new topic in Q&A about Words. PLenty of people around to help!

formerly known as etaoin...
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 397 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith