Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
mabbogtebby #205708 05/05/12 08:38 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
Hello young Madted!!! I was just sending a note to your furry pal Gallanted and I just couldn't leave you out. Love your work!!!!

mabbogtebby #205713 05/06/12 02:00 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And yet another.

Jackie #205715 05/06/12 02:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Had to laugh at this one. Yesterday when I opened these
two I was amazed at the cluelessness (my term) the threads
have been dead for months.

----please, draw me a sheep----
mabbogtebby #205716 05/06/12 04:49 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N

Gosh, I was just wondering what happened to GTed and co. They were very popular here once, but I suppose if all the posts are as unfriendly as the last 2, it's no wonder they left.

BTW, thanks for the warm welcome to a new member. I had plenty of ideas to contribute on all threads, not just the Teds' but I'm not sure if my knowledge/opinions will be welcome.

What a shame as if I recall correctly this site used to be so cool. I was a signed up member years ago but I have forgotten my details. Sadly,the standard and attitidus seem to have gone down.

As for the ted threads being dead for months - well they're alive and kicking now for sure.

Nancymac #205717 05/06/12 06:36 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hi Nancymac,
GallantTed, last post: 03/04/10. I really liked his quirky and crazy Ted tales. Your entrée is not much in the spirit of GT. People come and people go. Often they give no reason. I'm here since 2006 and never saw your name. Just send a PM to GallantTed and ask him yourself what happened.

BranShea #205720 05/06/12 07:33 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W

And welcome back. Don't take the first couple of comments as absolutely representative...

Did you go by a different nom back then?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Thanks for both the info and welcome, Wofahulicodoc. Yes, I was here under a different name in the early "noughties" but can't recall my nom and have no idea of the password - they were given to you back then if I remember. Have lurked a bit since and enjoyed Ted and all the fun posts from other posters.

I've done a bit of research since last night and Ted may not be in or have anything to do with the up and coming movie "Ted" - but when I heard about it I just thought of the Teds.

Sorry if I got it wrong and especially sorry to the posters whom I may have upset with my brash assumptions. I am truly humbled by my cluelessness.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Count me as another one who always enjoyed the bears' posts. I am always happy when one or more of them come by to chat.

old hand
old hand
Thank you, Nancymac, for disinterring this thread. I had totally gorgotten about the Tedsaga, which always amused me no end. I just spent a happy half-hour re-reading some of the old stuff.

I'm immortal until proven otherwise
N
stranger
stranger
N
Ha! Ha! An oldie but and goody. Thanks GTed!
BTW, happy birthday to all the Teddy Bears everywhere who were delivered on this night.

FROM Christmas 2001:

Howye Fokes! How is things? Haven't been around fer a while. Ya see, I gots a job writen articals on drains and gargoyles and that sorta thing. Imagine me worken fer the Gutter Press - me Mammy is really proud.

Listen, on a more seroius note, did ye know that Santy is short of teddies this year? Well, ye do now!

After a tip off from Goldilocks didn't he orgenise a big huge raid on Slasher's - me local bar - ta round up all the Teds. I'll tell ya, the fight what enscewed was only terrable and ya can take it from Ted that that Rudolf fella won't be the only raindeer with a red nose this Christmas.

Anyways, lookily most of us managed ta escape but me pal MadDogTed is still missen. So I thought with it been Christmas and all that I better give ye all a fear warnen.

If MadDogTed ends up in yer Christmas stocken send him straight back ta Slashers Bar - IMMEDIATELY. He's a rear genwine Trouble and Streiff bear and he's not very domistikated, ya see. Don't try ta hug him. Don't put a silly bow on him. Don't call him MadDogTed ta his face and whatever ya do - DON'T take him ta bed with ya. Not if ya have any shame, that is.

Don't be fooled by his cute looks either (he's not half as cute as Ted, of course). Them close-set eyes are a ded give away but if yer still in doubt check his left ear fer a button earing in the shape of a half eaten S. If yer still not sure, look fer the "Made in Haste" label on his back. And if yer a bit thick and still haven't copped on, check that ya still have all yer fingers and that yer wallet is still where ya left it.

So ye have been warned - if ya get him from Santy send him back ta Slasher's with a few bottles of rum fer me troubles. I'll tell ye, me nerves are faught with the worry.

A Happy Christmas ta ye now.

Be seein ya

GallantTe

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 397 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith