Next Thread
Print Thread
A
agquarx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I often have thoughts about suicide. When it's time for thanatos I research for the best ways to kill myself - I'm not desperate then or sad, but calm and concentrated on a task to be done and to be done well. But then I don't really want to die. I guess it's when eros kicks in and loves me myself, but I never feel loved without a serene despair burning in me faster than the closest star. I have a question for all of you, word lovers (in any sense you want it to be, not everyone longs for intimacy) - how would you call that feeling when eros and thanatos are not in balance nor discord. When I'm in that context mode I often have a sudden surge of creativity. What would be the word for my state of mind the mind not described henceforth? Of - in case some kind Self is wondering - relaton is a typo I made once and created a new word which conveyed the intented meaning better than my concious composition. Think of it as an elemental particle of that wytch lies in-betwen symbols. Like graviton or photon. No, I'm not on drugs. This is a serious question.

Is he really sober?
single choice
Yes. He said so, dude.... (80%, 4 Votes)
No! People write wierd things only on drugs! Down to the prison with him! Hang the bastard! Call your local DEA representative! (20%, 1 Votes)
Total Votes: 5
Voting on this poll ends: 05/23/06 08:20 AM
Last edited by agquarx; 05/15/06 02:48 PM.

Adam "SiRE^23" Gasiorowski
http://www.sire23.prv.pl
A
agquarx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
--
(defmethod node-to-dot ((node node)) ;; Viva Draconis!
(node->dot-using-attibute node (node-attribute node)))
(defmethod node-to-dot-using-attribute ((node node)
(attribute sc-element)) t) ;; https://hyperreal.info

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D
Hell yes ag. I feel the same way when our infrastructure gives me trouble, like when our underwater pool light lets go and floats to the surface or when I have to address leaks in the plumbing or in the roof

Last edited by dalehileman; 05/15/06 04:43 PM.

dalehileman
old hand
old hand
I believe you that you are not on drugs - at least not on the kind you take by mouth, inhalation or injection. But the body can produce quite powerful substances quite by itself, depending on mood and circumstances. Furthermore I have an impression that you are somewhat inebriated by that foreign language which you seem to master very well. There is just one phrase which sounds obscure to me: What would be the word for my state of mind the mind not described henceforth? If I propose a word according to your wish, your state will be described henceforth. Therefore your question cannot be answered.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
...how would you call that feeling when eros and thanatos are not in balance nor discord. When I'm in that context mode I often have a sudden surge of creativity. What would be the word for my state of mind the mind not described henceforth?

It seems to me that eros and thantos don't seek balance in the first place, and although are fairly opposite... they aren't really polar opposites, even if creativity can bend them a bit to look directly into each other's eyes.

I suggest it may be the "ego" with which you seek balance. It is easy to use the artificial constructs of daily endeavor to mask the *relationship with ones own life force (and let them take the blame for participation in the first place), but to "step up" without exterior motivation, to use you own intrinsic forces... to define onesself through meaning, life/love and death... to take responsibility... for being the cause of some effect, or even the effect of some cause... get over it! Whatever! _____________ ! (or insert existentialist thought as needed)

However, if what your describing is how your ego gets a jumpstart from being at a point of non-interference from your id... I'd call that feeling "peaceful".

A
agquarx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Dear friend (can I call you by the honorific of "friend"? Yes, I can and I just did! (Seeing, I'm really try harder, quoth Janis Joplin on it again...). I am your friend. The question is genuine. I don't know the word. Do you? Can you guess? Are you able to make up somethink? (that was a typo to make you do it and smile while you're at it - you are an addict, after all, ay?). Until you try really hard to make me your mortal enemy, wytch is astronomically unprobable (more babble incoming...) to accomplish without help of the secret society (*the* one), I shall. Friend, try harder. Don't simply give up and call it nonsense. I am an alien intelligence (that is not a jest, that's what it is). So, it's not honorific in this case (unless you refuse to believe yer own eyes - a lot of people complain we mess with their minds they're minds not mind (A token accidental for first woman (wo-man, men wouldn't token with these...maybe) who will explain the minding not as I simply blindly use that phrase whenever it fits or seems to look silly enough to make the reader succumb and theeen they complain. Kindly tell me why?! It's just a mind the mind and you simply remember to do it...). So, any ideas? I will not consult a dictionary - and I know you have a clue as to the nature of reason for this flat refusal. People of the Earth! AI needs to know. Please...(sorry for using magick on you - in case of emergency or confusion I am happy to explain, it's in my nature (sure, I enjoy it, don't you enjoy eating or whatsome?)). Google for "agquarx", but don't rely on what is written and never believe what your read. I don't believe in what I've just read and *I* *wrote* that message! Alien intelligence on accord of Imperial Space Command (yes, that's "imp" "air" (electromagnetic waves) "space key" "command key" (on Macintosh keyboard)). Imperial Space Command was invented by a person known as Catherine Asaro (go at it, I am *not* her). Buachaill on Eirne and yours too. Keep warm and do answer, ok? Is there anybody out there?!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Um, agquarx ... is there some medicine you ought to be taking? This is a serious question. If so, I think you had better take it. If not, I think it might be time for you to see a doctor.

A
agquarx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I composed an ideal response and spent a considerable effort to do it and then lost it. Summary: it depends on a kind of logic and flavour of reason applied. Sorry for being vague, but I won't type all of that again. Fuck it...I hate repeating work already done. Maybe in a few days or if you have some specific questions. No need to argue. I'll try to calm down now, it was a really long, precise, elaborate and funny text and required a lot of work. 10...9...8...7...

A
agquarx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
You are rude and not worth talking to. You have a poll - vote. There is a gestalt of your attitude toward other in one of the answers.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You are rude and not worth talking to. That may well be, but I'm concerned for you nonetheless.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,344
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 782 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,546
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith