Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Why? You want an unfair advantage?

Doesn't everyone? Wasn't that the whole point of Strauss's masterwork - The selfish Jean?

Faldage Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Well, irregardless of all that or not, we await but the fair goaler, BelM. I'll drop her a PM; she seems to have forgotten this thread exists.

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
No, no, haven't forgotten. But dang you guys, I thought it'd be easier to choose a real first line from a book than it is to choose a real definition. I've been having trouble making up my mind.

O.k., I choose M. I love playing baseball, so I know exactly what the writer of that sentence meant - The Charlie Brown in me feels that it's always a good day for baseball, even if the winds are gusting and the clouds are looming darkly overhead.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
hehheh, I suspect Sparteye is marvellously happy!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Sorry, tsuwm. Roolz Committee says it's a dangerous precedent. Ya gots ta git off the fence.

from one RC to another, I say throw the bum's vote out altogether!

T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

Good choice, DaI!

talking of dai, allow a brief digression, Fong? This seemed a good context to bring to the multitudinous attention a fun thing from the Beeb:

The competition is: write a happy ending in EXACTLY one hundred words (no more, no less!) including the following seven words selected by Alexander McCall-Smith:

wistful, moon, better, unlikely, happily, ever, after.

and so back to the game, where the scores are tied in the...

Hey Maverick, I'm trying. Just 37 more words to shave before the deadline.

... it was not for riches that Leon Bottoms souped up his bass boat and begun running guns to rebels in Belize. Leon wasn't thought to be a prize by the ladies and he needed the loot to encourage women to be picked up.

Then Katrina, one-hell-of-a-woman, picked up Leon, guns, and bass boat, and deposited them upside down on an upside down coral reef.

Strange island. The scrub plants there grew berries on the bottom and roots on the top. Leon ate the hippie-looking berries and grew fat.

Then one day a mermaid walked by. She was ugly. Unlike regular mermaids she was human on the bottom and fish on the top. Ugh, decided Leon, I could never kiss a woman who looks like a sea bass!

Leon watched wistfully as the unlikely mermaid frolicked in the shallow bay, diving sea-bass-top first until only her slim waist and curvaceous hips and the wonderful moon of her bottom, and her long sun-tanned shapely legs, were visible above water.

Leon jumped in.

Men have met better fates,and of course, after a time Leon died and went to his fate in the great hereafter -- happily.

Last edited by themilum; 03/16/06 07:09 PM.
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Quote:

hehheh, I suspect Sparteye is marvellously happy!

You're beginning to make me worry, maverick. But maybe that's the game you're playing at.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
> maybe that's the game you're playing at.

I learnt it from milo minderbinder, purveyor of fine cotton and other flannel...

Faldage Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

> maybe that's the game you're playing at.

I learnt it from milo minderbinder, purveyor of fine cotton and other flannel...

Chocolate covered cotton. Yum!

All seriousness aside, every one of the perps has voted now. I'll hold the polls open till some time Saturday for any stragglers and tsuwm to vote and then spring the results on y'all. If nothing else we'll see how well Milo's gender assignments panned out.

I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
If we don't like our gender assignments, can we change them?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,351
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 775 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,549
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith