Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#115202 11/07/03 11:37 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
those sideways pointy hat thingies

Lools like they're in the qwerty row all the way over to the right. < is regular and > is shifted. ¿Qué no?

#115203 11/07/03 09:29 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
B
Lemme try.

Ooo, I found them. They are down there at the bottom beside the M <<>>

I hadn't known about pressing on the right ALT key to get a whole new set of character. If I press the left ALT key, my computer goes boop at me. Very odd.

You guys are great. I admit I am a tad ignorant about computers and the assorted paraphernalia. Oddly, I'm a whiz with WORD. [shrug e]

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Just suppose : You move to Canada from USA and in the move your keyboard is lost.
So you buy a new keyboard in Montreal.
Now, does that work?
I have a new dog and my brain is mush as we get used to each other.
All these off thoughts keep creeping in. Is it loss of sleep? Stress of a new "relationship?"
Oh, pooh.
Any advice welcome.
Sighhhhh

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not to worry, Dear wow--I'm sure the dog will have you trained before you know it...

B
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
B
Well Wow, if you move to Québec,all you have to do is ask for an English keyboard and the trick is done, you can use it with your programmes.

If you get a French keyboard, the keys won't show the right pictures but the keys will still be what you're used to. For example, French keyboards have keys for é, è, ç, and à keys along with accent keys (^ ¨)

============================================================

Ooooo, and what puppy did you wind up with?

Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
And in France I used a keyboard that had the n and m in different places but now I can't remember where. I have enough trouble with thes keyvoard. See what I mean. and I reverse t and n and then I get the = whaenever I try to backspane.
This is why I proofread. (that and my spelling) [tnogue oops I mean

#115208 11/12/03 12:57 PM
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
The two-year-old female was too much for me ...a love bug but a really adventurous spirit... so she went to ToyDogRescue.org --- located in nearby Massachusetts town, run by a really wonderful gal who does yeoman work in rescuing small dogs --- and was quickly adopted by a single (younger) woman from a town nearby.
"My Boy" aka "Boy" aka "Pal" ... is settling in and it looks like I have a new dog. At least that is his opinion. He is a male, 7-years-old, a bit more settled, a Bichon/Mini-Poodle mix, long legs like a poodle, a curly Bichon coat and curly tail -- a gentleman with a handsome face - my son says I should name him "Judge" because he has that "look!"
Only fault is he loves to get on my bed and barks a lot if I leave him in the car to run into the Post Office etc. but I think that will even out as he really settles in and realizes I will be back. He has a few abandonment issues which will be overcome -in time- with experience and love.
BTW, Bel, could you use the "Q" to precede the question?
Q: Would that work for you.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,372
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith