Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Of troy, I'll be glad to discuss my behavior any time, but based upon specific data -- which your above post, unlike mine, does not provide -- rather than your sweeping generalizations. Find me one post of mine in the last two weeks that compares in nastiness with those of equalizer in the last two days. And then you can start an appropriate thread, based on facts, not on your loud allegations typed in red.

Meanwhile, I noticed that you are changing the subject from the legitimate question I asked:

I would ask whether such posts [by equalizer] are appropriate or desirable for this board, or in this board's best interest.

#72851 06/14/02 05:38 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A

K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
dear archedbrow:

as said before, I notice that you are changing the subject from the legitimate question I asked:
I would ask whether such posts [by equalizer] are appropriate or desirable for this board, or in this board's best interest.

Immediate edit: As I said to of-troy: if you have points our your own to make, you can start a thread making them on factual basis. Here, you are merely attempting to fillibuster and rant to intimidate people from responding to a legitimate question.

#72853 06/14/02 05:48 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A

K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
archedbrow, since you are pretty clearly a doppelganger, we have now way of knowing whether your "vote" merely duplicates that of another board member, or is the vote of one who has left the board. I will check to see whether, in your brief tenure, you have posted anything other than personal attacks. Edit: upon checking, 7 of your 8 posts dealt with the personal matteryou bring up now.

R
stranger
stranger
R
And, Keiva, be sure to check this out while you're at it:

"If you gaze for long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

Nietzsche

P
stranger
stranger
P
would ask whether such posts [by equalizer] are appropriate or desirable for this board, or in this board's best interest

Having seen that so many here don't have any use for you or your posts, I would ask whether YOU are appropriate for this board. It is generally agreed you're not desirable or in anyone's best interest. If any of us are doppelgangers, that would make you a "Tripleganger", Keiva, AphonicRants and KeivaCarpal. How is it that none of the sanctions you want to level against anyone else seem to apply to you?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, lets see, in this thread, we have trick 1-- he can't get away with pretending that i agree with him, so he drags out give'm hell harry -- and early this week week who was it? thomas jefferson? and someone else? all dead -- they are safe. they can't complain they are being used.

of course, the whole of the thread is an attempt at trick 5 -- all too often, equalizer has hit the mark, and pointed out keiva's deceit, so best thing to do, is launch an attack on equalizer, and now, to the bargain, he attacks me too, a trick 5 double play! --or is it a triple? so much to plow through, i can't remember if he also attacked piss and moan! --

i've already pointed out, that this thread started with trick 8, and its filled with trick 2, the double standard and part 1 of trick 3 he demands i post chapter and verse when and where he has been nasty, or rude, or unpleasant, and if i do, he will hold out to see what the majority desides.. he has already played the second half of trick 3 by claiming since he doesn't know who equalizer is, there is no way to know if anyone else would agree with equalizer, and he is going to see what the vote is

its simple really.. there is not much to him.. just presto chango, he doesn't really have much of show..

Oh i have go back and edit, i forgot trick 9 quote some poetry, or gilbert and sullivan or anyone, and let them prove your points.. its sort of like trick 1, but looks very different..

#72858 06/14/02 07:16 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W

K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
of troy does not have to compile a list of quotes to prove her case.
Sounds to me like you're saying, "Don't confuse me with facts."

The equalizer is simply showing ...
No ma'am. I raise the question of whether equalizer, dissatisfied with my presence, is therefore entitled to bring it up incessantly and in inflammatory language. In other words, whether the end justifies the means.

He/she is welcome to an opinion of whether I should be here. Does that justify such speech in an attempt to enforce that opinion? Or are there proper civilized means to conduct discussion even if one believes (rightly or wrongly), as does equalizer, that one's opponent is in the wrong?

I suggest that decent human beings simply do not speak that way, regardless of provocation. Read equalizer's words, and see what you think.

Would you want to be in the same room with someone who talks that way?

[Edit to PissandMoan: Glad to answer your question. Put it in a new thread, so as not to divert from the question posed here -- unless of course your intent was to divert.]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,347
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 780 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,548
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith