Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
a year later that plate had been moved onto a Mercedes.
Wonder who her lawyer was.

Something you want to tell us about Kieva?

Bumper sticker :
Don't make me come down there! - God

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Bumper sticker: Don't make me come down there! - God
Around here, billboards display that phrase. A variant is: We need to talk. -- God

#37985 08/13/01 08:55 PM
C
C
caradea, I'm afraid to ask about my reputation. We didn't go to college together, did we???????????? =)

Sparteye, as for UB Brand, as much as I would like to wipe excrement all over the twirp, I'm not sure that allowing him anywhere close to me would be worth it. He has to be just wormy!

#37986 08/14/01 04:17 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Bumper sticker: Don't make me come down there! - God

Around here, billboards display that phrase. A variant is: We need to talk. -- God

Those are all over my former hometown of Atlanta. I learned somewhere that they're all paid for by one guy. I forget his name and where he's from.

OK, so I'm vague. It's rough getting back into the rhythm here!

#37987 08/14/01 05:03 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The rookie was patrolling one day when he saw a Porsche going the other way, doing as Porsches are wont to do, about twice the speed limit. The cop did a u-turn and after catching the Porsche some miles down the road asked to see the male driver's operator's permit.

"Well, officer," replied the guy sheepishly, "I sort of don't have one."

The cop frowned, "Don't have one at all, or don't have it with you?"

"I guess I never bothered to get one."

"OK, let's see your vehicle registration."

The driver replied apologetically, "Actually, I don't have one. You see, this isn't really my car."

"OK, whose car is it?"

"Not sure. It was sitting there with the keys in it, just begging to be driven."

"OK," said the officer, "why don't we start by looking in the glove box and finding out who the owner is."

The guy shook his head. "Officer, you probably don't want to do that. There's a pistol in there."

The cop undid the flap on his Glock. "A gun? Is it yours?"

"Of course, officer, I didn't want it rattling around inside the car at the speeds I was doing."

"OK, hand me the keys, stay in the car, I'm calling for backup."

The shift sergeant arrived and walked up to the Porsche. "Gimme your driver's license."

The man complied.

"Now show me your registration."

The man again complied.

"This your car?"

"Of course, officer, look at the license and registration. They've both got the same name on them."

The sergeant was baffled. "Now just open the glove compartment real slow-like, OK?"

The man complied, revealing that it contained absolutely nothing.

"Now what is going on here?" asked the sergeant. "That cop over there told me you didn't have a license; you stole the car, and you had a gun."

"Oh, right," said the fellow, "and I suppose he told you I was speeding too!"

TEd
#37988 08/14/01 11:24 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear TEd: That's a good joke about the rookie cop. But the speeder's clever plan falls apart with one question from the sergeant. "Did the officer ask to see your license?" If the speeder says "No", the sergeant knows he is lying. If he says "Yes" the sergeant again knows he is lying.

#37989 08/15/01 02:22 AM
F
F
One speeder, upon being stopped by a cop, explained that he was "only trying to keep up with the other cars." When the officer pointed out that the road was empty, the man replied, "Yes, that's how far ahead of me they are!"

#37990 08/15/01 02:40 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Or there is the cop who sat behind bushes all day waiting for someone to speed by. He finally caught a young man going exceptionally fast. He said to him, "Son, I've been waiting for you to come by all day!" To which the young man replied, "Well Officer, I got here as fast as I could!"

Back to bumper stickers, I like "WWSD -What would Scooby Doo!"

#37991 08/15/01 02:48 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Welcome aBoard, MaryP ! You're the second, maybe third chemist here that I know of (I'm not sure if Chemeng is one or not--welcome to you, too, though, Dear, by the way!).

TED! Oh, how lovely to see posts from you again! Mmm,
I love you, Sweetie!

#37992 08/15/01 05:02 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>I have just the brand name for that toilet paper:

Some years ago a friend of mine took a summer job as a clerk in a trading post on the Navajo Reservation. Soon after he began to work there an Indian man came in looking for toilet paper. Joe told him he had two types, Charmin and generic. The Indian asked what generic was.

"Well," replied Joe, "it's pretty much the same as the other stuff but it hasn't got fancy wrapping and you don't have to pay for any advertising, so it's a good deal cheaper than the Charmin." The Indian bought two rolls, but was back the next day.

"Something wrong?" asked Joe.

"You should call that stuff John Wayne toilet paper. It's rough and it's tough, and it don't take shit off of no Indians."

TEd
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,352
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (wofahulicodoc), 494 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,550
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith