Print Thread
#168131 05/08/07 07:11 PM
M
megg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
One lazy afternoon I took my two stepsons to McDonald's, this was a frequent trip who can beat cheap burgers and hours of fun in the tunnels of germs. So this one particular day he we were at a corner table and in walks this little girl. Now you have to close your eyes to get the whole effect..... First walks in the oldest man I have ever seen, we were living in Kansas City MO so think depression era, homemade fishing sticks, overalls for life, and the standard checked shirts. A great estethic but life style I dont get it. So in walks grandpa, holding the door open for his little princess and oh the grin on his face showed his pride. Charlie and I spot this little girl at the same time. When I finally could look away I grabbed Charlies arm and started shaking him. I knew I had just had the same look on my face as he did now. In mid May this little girl had on the biggest oldest, ratty tattiest Cruela DeVille floor lenght dalmation coat on, buttoned all the way up with black gloves on. Her dishwater hair uncombed for at least a week was pushed and pulled topped of with a large velvet tiara headband. She shrugged her shoulder, batted her eye lashes, and gave my handsome son the biggest toothless grin. He managed a weak smile and she waltzed on. After about 5 minutes in deep thought he looked up at me and said, "boy Meggan she thought she was all luxury" and then he finished his sandwich. When I told my friends of this encounter they thought it was so funny that "boy she thinks she's all luxury actually became the new thing to say. We heard people all over we didn't even know saying it. Out of the mouths of babes.

megg #168137 05/08/07 11:40 PM
Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
It's a very descriptive phrase, from a perceptive kid.

Zed #168146 05/09/07 06:49 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
"she thought she was all luxury"

I bet she was, I bet she really was.

(A lot of what comes out of the mouths of babes comes from overhearing grown ups saying it.)

Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
What little girl doesn't like dressing up.
My neice at age 4 insisted on wearing her purple tutu to the Disney on ice show. Cute as a button even with her yellow and red gumboots for the rain. (of course I may be biased just a little.)

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,345
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (A C Bowden), 765 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,547
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith