Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Got hot .. by endymion6 @ Today at 01:14 PM

MEDIATE I ---- > S ..or got to come clean [B]STEAMED[/B ..Could've fooled me; I've long been impressed with the arcane & esoteric terms you nail, sending me scrambling to my heavy Amer. Heritage Dictionary ...chemical compounds, etc.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Four P.M. by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:42 AM

T > D MEDIATE whatever you said, I agree. I'm not a friend of those 50 cent words
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: medieval physician's realm by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:37 AM

LEECH.COM their personal web site
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts medieval physician's realm by wofahulicodoc @ Today at 11:34 AM

LEECHDOM PRONUNCIATION: (LEECH-duhm) MEANING: noun: A remedy or medicine. ETYMOLOGY: From Old English laecedom (medicine, healing), from laece (physician). The word for the bloodsucking parasite has a different origin. Earliest documented u
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Four P.M. by wofahulicodoc @ Today at 06:59 AM

IMITATE I-->E and it's TEATIME
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Hoping to get us on a better track, I'll say.. by endymion6 @ Today at 02:51 AM

LUMINATE ..there are MINUTIAE that we can get INTIMATE with, in order to MITIGATE the impact of eight-letter words, lest we earlier plights IMITATE ..and I sincerely hope I'm not doing just that
Weekly Themes
Jump to new posts Re: Capitulate by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 01:35 AM

You hit that one right on the nose. Exactly.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -got to get on a better track by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 01:33 AM

-A (here goes ones) LUMINATE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts indigenous humor by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

AUTOCHTHON PRONUNCIATION: (o-TOK-thun) MEANING: noun: 1. A native; an aborigine. 2. Something, as a rock, formed or originating in the place where found. ETYMOLOGY: From Greek autochthon (of the land itself), from auto- (self) + chthon (earth
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Chemical product by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

FULMINATE F ---> A ALUMINATE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: I'm so upset when .. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

CULMINATE C ---- > F ..I can't reduce long words by a letter enroute to a change FULMINATE ..that'd usually give us more alternatives
Weekly Themes
Jump to new posts Re: Capitulate by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

'Capitulate' comes from Latin capitulum, 'chapter'. It originally meant 'to draw up terms of surrender (chapter by chapter)'.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -end by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

M > C CULMINATE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: From colic, free them.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

IMMUTABLE B ---- > N ALIMENTUM
Forum Stats
8805 Members
16 Forums
13822 Topics
217215 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
hmazuji, Sukumar, raghav123, bktraveling, Ozade
8805 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
LukeJavan8 76
endymion6 74
wofahulicodoc 72
A C Bowden 32
Tromboniator 10
May 3
Jackie 3
Raynbeaugirl 1
Rhubarb Commando 1
barryp15 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11613
tsuwm 10526
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
LukeJavan8 7127
AnnaStrophic 6511
Wordwind 6296
wofahulicodoc 5490
of troy 5400

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith