Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Re: The male counterpart of distaff by tsuwm @ 14 minutes 22 seconds ago

actually, agnate is the more direct 'opposite' of enate. YCLIU.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: It's the way she sashays ... by endymion6 @ Today at 09:16 AM

RACHET R ---- > C ..around that gives her that certain, je ne sais quoi...comme on dit ... CACHET
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts RESTIVE down South is still refusing to go forward by jenny jenny @ Today at 08:21 AM

restive PRONUNCIATION: (RES-tiv) MEANING: adjective: Restless, uneasy. ETYMOLOGY: From Middle French rester (to remain), from Latin restare (to remain standing). Ultimately from the Indo-European root sta- (to stand), which is also the sour
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts The fat indian then flew the coop without a... by jenny jenny @ Today at 08:05 AM

TRACE recalled the stonefaced Nurse (add h) RACHET
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Re: The male counterpart of distaff by birdie @ Today at 05:06 AM

The antonym of distaff is agnate. Had it in a crossword puzzle. It is also in Websters 20th century dictionary, unabridged edition
Loanwords from German
Jump to new posts Re: your face is familiar...... by Bazr @ Today at 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: LukeJavan8Nope! My sheep comes from "The Little Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. The prince asks the pilot to draw him a sheep. It is a short French novel I used in teaching 2nd year French decades ago. My beautiful avatar i
Loanwords from German
Jump to new posts Re: your face is familiar...... by Faldage @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

You got it, Bazr.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we check for prints? by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

CARTER - R ..without a TRACE
Loanwords from German
Jump to new posts Re: your face is familiar...... by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Nope! My sheep comes from "The Little Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. The prince asks the pilot to draw him a sheep. It is a short French novel I used in teaching 2nd year French decades ago. My beautiful avatar is the work of Tromboniator on th
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -donkey? by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

B > C CARTER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Trade agreement by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

BARREL L ---- > T BARTER
Forum Stats
8717 Members
16 Forums
13802 Topics
214485 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
Laban, birdie, mepallav, discopig, Byz
8717 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
Bazr 110
LukeJavan8 88
endymion6 86
wofahulicodoc 81
jenny jenny 63
A C Bowden 32
Tromboniator 8
Faldage 6
olly 3
tsuwm 2
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13802
Jackie 11609
tsuwm 10513
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
AnnaStrophic 6511
LukeJavan8 6308
Wordwind 6296
of troy 5400
BranShea 5282

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith