YOU KNOW YOU`RE FROM KENTUCKY IF... YOU MEASURE THE DISTANCE IN MINUTES. I do this!

Have you noticed that the American Automobile Association "Tripticks" give both distance and time from point to point?
Makes me wonder if a Kentuckian decided how the Triptick should be set up.
In New England you hear minutes for distances, mostly for local trips when there is a lot of traffic between where you are and where you are going!
Example : It's 20 minutes from Hampton to Portsmouth on Interstate 95 but it's about 35 minutes if you drive U.S. Route 1!
However, for longer distances we tend to use miles as there are so many options as to which roads to take. Example : Portsmouth to Boston is 70 miles. Can be done in anywhere from one hour to an hour-and-a-half depending on your route and how fast you drive.
By the way - the times listed in Tripticks are figured on everyone's driving the posted speed limits.
For example my last Triptick gave 10 hours driving time from Portsmouth NH to Montreal Canada whereas it can be done in eight hours by some! Ahem!
Credential : I was - for awhile many years ago - manager of an AAA office in New Hampshire.