Earlier this month while attending the funeral of a dear mutual friend my Uncle Kenny from Atlanta and I joked and kidded about the relative merits of the internet. I bragged that his lifelong interest of singing and collecting and playing and reading about the music of the thirties and forties had been rendered null and void by a simple google on our sleek computers.

"Get with it Kenny," I whispered (we couldn't shout and argue loudly, after all we were in a funeral home) "the computer age is here now, and you and your big band, be-bop, Cab Callaway memories are obsolete. Ask me a question about any obscure arcane bit of useless trivia about that shallow happy music that has cluttered up your tea drinking mind for the last fifty years and I'll give it to you in detail by phone when you return home tomorrow night."

Kenny thought a minute and then said, "OK, Dick, what are the lyrics to the song 'Little Shoes' by the Mills Brothers?".

Yesterday I got a Christmas card in the mail. It read in part...

Richard,

Ten days have run out therefore I am taking a default on receiving the words to the song, The Boy With The Two Little Shoes

Little shoes with soles so ragged and the heart of our boy is the same,
But we're thankful today for our boy and the boy with those two little shoes.

Once again I have stumped the band and the internet. he,he,he,he,

Uncle Ken.

Friends,
This is a matter of honor. Can any of you faceless but not heartless people out there help me find the rest of the lyrics to "The Boy With The Two Little Shoes"
I've tried but failed.

Richard "Dick" Milo Washington.