Yes, and my father was really a brother because he didn't forsee what he was creating.

Eugene O'Neill is called "The Father of the American" theatre because he single-handedly elevated the American stage to a level of integrity, art, stature, and respect it had never realized before. Now he didn't set out to do all that, his ambition was to write great plays. But, nevertheless, that was the impact of his influence, and the title "The Father of the American Theatre" is something he earned historically....and history is always in retrospect...even though he didn't consciously seek or envision that influence for himself, and didn't walk around calling himself that.

And, Faldage, even if seen as an idyllic myth they still fathered that vision in the documents of the Declaration of Independence and The US Constitution, and inaugurated the launch of the republic (would you say they mothered it, or brothered it?).

And, remember, the host was aware that she was on national TV. She had maybe a minute to make her introduction, and I'm sure she went over, at least in close outline, the remarks she intended to say. I know whenever I speak in front of people I go over it beforehand...and especially if you have a limited, and rare, moment to speak in front of a national televison audience...no flip slip of wit there.

And speaking of a flip slip of wit :

Brother Time

Brother Christmas

"Our Brother, who art in heaven..."