yes, i think the word could be a double edged sword.. who is the environidiot?

those who believe in clear cutting forests? (clearing 1000 year old trees, and claiming the woods will return? which i suppose is true if i am willing to wait a 1000 years, and maybe not true, since in the meanwhile, many of the animal and plants that relied on the resourses of the forest have long since died off, since there natural place to live had been destroyed) or
Tree huggers who destroy family business by putting an end to local logging, since the logging industry want to destroy the last few stand of 1000 year old forest (those small companies, the local sawmill, and other small local businesses that are dependent on the logging industry, aren't really going to be saved, thy are just going to last a few more years, till all the local lumber has been harvested, and even it it takes 20 years, the new forests (20 year old) forest aren't going to be what keeps them open, since the logger will have moved onto another community, that still has some 1000 year old forest left.

which is the idiot? I personally am of the tree hugger clan, and see the good and bad.. i support keeping a natural areas wild-- such as nearby, where there is a beautiful salt water marsh, on Long island north shore.. it is home to osprey and mallard, cormorants, egrets, raccoons, oppossum and a host of other wild life..
it is also the place where west nile virus got a start and stronghold in US (the first cases were all in the Bayside area of Eastern Queens, all less than a mile from the bay. West nile destroyed many local birds before becoming a human problem-- the water birds seem to resist the disease, but we have lost 90% of the crow/raven population)

so should we "improve" the last salt water marsh left on Long Islands North shore? it could be argueed it would help in the fight against West Nile. but this is one of the few places left on Long Island that still has a population of horse shoe crabs nesting..(an almost prehistoric creature, unchanges since before the last ice age.)

I happen to be all in favor of the salt water mash. (i also happen to be a little less wealthy, and don't live close enough to it to claim "water" views..and as a result, don't live close enough to it to suffer as much from mosquitos.. )