Print Thread
#74521 06/29/02 04:44 AM
M
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
I can't lurk any longer - this is too good to be true:

I appreciate that this board does not feel comfortable with the course of action I stated then. Repeating, for reference only "We can all deplore rudeness, and cruelty, and bullying, and violence, but we cannot stop them with mere deploring words. In the real world they will ever exist, and we are responsible for how we act - or fail to act -- accordingly. Cruelty, bullying and violence are weeds, and will spread ever-wider unless checked. There is but one way to deal effectively with the most vigorous and vile weeds: to deracinate them, thoroughly and promptly. One can hope to be careful and gentle, but never at the risk of losing sight of the job that must be done." In the months since then, it has become clear that others are not prepared to deal in that way with rudeness on the board. As best I can tell, one can count on one's fingers the number of times that anyone, other than
me, has stood up to object that a specific post is hurtful. It also appears that the board disapproves when I stand up in what I have intended to be that manner. Accordingly, I will desist.

...I raise no moral objection to a closed club -- but I do not personally feel comfortable being part of one. And purely as a matter of personal taste, I do not wish to be part of a board where people are willing to tolerate the hurtfulness we have seen in past months. This I can get from chat rooms. Other people are of course perfectly entitled to act as they wish, but I will be departing unless I sense a change in how we act as to rudeness, not merely how we talk about it.

That is Keiva, my friends.

There is but one way to deal effectively with the most vigorous and vile weeds: to deracinate them, thoroughly and promptly.

I thought that was what we were trying to do - but Keiva is like this horrible Manitoba Maple that keeps popping up everywhere, no matter what you do to try to eradicate it.

As best I can tell, one can count on one's fingers the number of times that anyone, other than me, has stood up to object that a specific post is hurtful. It also appears that the board disapproves when I stand up in what I have intended to be that manner. Accordingly, I will desist.

Ah, but you DON'T desist. This post was made long before I joined the board - and when I joined, you just jumped all over people who said things to me of which you disapproved. I can "fight" my own "battles," thank you very much. I think most people who a) found their way here, b) figured out how to post here and c) CHOSE to post here, are of the same level of intelligence: they can respond as they see fit. Leave 'em to it. Your idea of rudeness might not be anyone else's. I suspect it isn't, having seen, in other threads (the "ooh Daniel Pearl is SUCH a HERO!" thread springs instantly to mind), how you look for insults where none exist. At this point, you're just reaping what you sowed: you looked for insults, and now people are insulting you. Well, at least now we can agree on something.

I will be departing unless I sense a change in how we act as to rudeness, not merely how we talk about it.

Well, presumably you didn't see that change, because you still lambaste people for perceived rudeness. And yet, you're still here, you monstrous hypocrite. The difference is, the rudeness is now real, because....

MANY PEOPLE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.

You responded inappropriately to being asked to leave, and to being banned, and now, like the most annoying of creatures in any sphere of life, you insist on foisting your company on us, though many of us have made it expressly clear that we DO NOT LIKE YOU and DO NOT WANT YOU HERE. The difference between this board and other spheres of life is, apparently we have to put up with you until you walk in front of a bus or suffer a massive yet unexpected heart attack or stroke. We can't hang up on you or close the door in your face when you persist; we can't walk away or de-list our phone numbers or block your calls. (keep those clever gnomes working, Fiberbabe!) Yet we have done all we can in our power to let you know that YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

So why do you persist? What order of mental midget are you, anyway?

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Modgod calls me hypocrite and she quotes my post -- not mentioning that I promptly withdrew that post.¹
Ma'am, is that full intellectual honesty of you?

There is no hypocrisy as you claim.

---------------------------------
¹http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=53065 (acting per what MG quotes) but then:
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=53729 (which Modgod ignores), saying that to act that way would be to "bury my head in the sand"; to hide from the problems instead of facing them.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
yes of course you deleted that post! because if you had left it, we could use it to 'prove' that you are doing exactly as you intended, exactly as you stated you would..
and then your cries of 'prove it' would be meaningless.
and true to form when we do do prove it, you whip out sub:attach!

in that post, and others, you set your self up to be judge, jury and exicutioner.. you think you are god, and you get to decide when my feeling or other feeling are hurt.

you don't know me.. and even if you did, you could not know how i feel about an given situation..

i know how Jackie feels about you.. she has stated it.. talk about hurt, talk about cruelty.. your responce was to change the subject. you remain here, trying to pass your self off as what, Human?
go away keiva you are not wanted here.

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
yes of course you deleted that post!

I did not delete it. I am not one who routinely deletes posts and alters the record.
I promptly changed my mind, said so, and explained why. There is no shame in that.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not that I agree with your reasoning, I don't. The real shame is that we seem to have you posting here after it has been made abundantly clear that we do not like you, we do not approve of the methods you have employed to remain here and posting and you behave like the breed of dog that once it has set it's teeth in it's victum's neck cannot seem to extract itself and so must starve to death or be killed to achieve release. Keiva, go away. You are not welcome here.

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
So many, many words wasted. It suffices to say
Keiva used extortion to gain re-instatement.
That's enough.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,412
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 953 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,583
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,922
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith