one type of gin I don't know the English term for.

Bols is Gros gin (Big gin) in French. Do you know what that type of gin is called?

My bartenders' book does not list gros gin, but an online reference I found suggests that it is singularly aptly named:

“In fact, the local rum here is not available in North America. We discovered that the reason for this is because the rum here is VERY bad!!! After distilling the cane, filtering and redistilling it, the Guadelopueans and Martiniquean rum people force goats with mouthfuls of cud to spit into the mixture to give each and every drop of rum a heavy grassy flavor. The mixture is then strained through the old socks of migrant Haitian workers and bottled. The key word on the bottle to let you know that a perfectly good rum has been strained through a sock and had goat cud added is "Agricole". So a bottle with the words "Rhum Agricole" on the label is not a rum to smuggle home next time you visit. It is not even as drinkable as "Gros Gin" a Gin with Cow cud added and popular in Holland and Quebec.“

http://
http://www.usual-suspects-sailing.com/exp-rummer-stone.htm

My bartenders' book explains that gin is a corruption of the Dutch for juniper - jenever - or from the French - genievre. It was first made by a Dutch physician in the 17th century, as a remedy for kidney complaints. When William III became King of England, he imposed excise duties on French wines, and gin became popular, leading to phrases such as "dutch courage," "Mother's Ruin" (based on the belief that gin induced abortions), and "Gin Lane".

The usual dry gin is made by infusing juniper and other flavorings (possibly including fennel, calmus root, angelica root, orris root, almond, cardamom, cassia, ginger, cinnamon, licorice, caraway seeds, orange peel or lemon peel) into a neutral grain spirit made primarily from corn and malted barley.

Dutch gin, also called Holland's gin or Genever gin, is made by infusing juniper and other botanicals into malt wine. The two main types of Dutch gin are oude and jonge; old and young.

Old Tom is a sweet gin made in England, and is perhaps the origination of the Tom Collins.

Plymouth gin is unsweetened, and is the traditional gin of the British Navy.