Fair colleagues,

Thank-you for your fairly useful responses. And fair comment, tsuwm, I will let this thread resume its fair course, but not before a parting addendum to Jackie's list of sayings, with a few from my list that didn't show up in hers:

1. A aggregation of individuals possessing expertise in culinary techniques vitiates the calefacient concoction.

2. Individuals who make their abode in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from hurling petrous projectiles.

3. Exclusive dedication to necessitous chores sans interludes of hedonistic diverson renders John a hebetudinous stripling. (Just wanted to work that word in!)

4. Missiles of ligneous or petrous materiality may have the potential of fracturing my ossa but invidious appelations will ever remain ontogenetically innocuous, personally speaking.

5. Under no circumstances deposit your cylindrical tinted mixture of higher hydrocarbons in an environment that will result in the absorption of solar dissemination. (I'm a bit slow - need help on this one, please. Don't put your candle in the sun?)

And to end on a slightly different note (roll the music, Maestro!):

Propel, propel, propel your craft
Languidly down the solution
Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically
Existence is but an illusion.