It was and is, indeed, a good day!

The "age of information" is such a incomplete word for *it. I'm sure there are more we could list for different reasons, but, three points of focus: the printing press (1500's?), public broadcast networks (e.g. US Radio 1927), and the internet. The permanence, permeance and now volume of info. Each hold an independent significance. Recorded music, although significant to a developing culture base, is a bit lacking in 'information'. The "age of communication" may be a bit more accurate, but I suppose, like everything else, it depends on your focus. My life would be considerably different without recorded music and do enjoy all I *hear and all I *listen to. It would be different without AWAD as well, which goes toward your point about not acknowledging the extraordinary blessings. I see (currently) AWAD as "what the internet means" or the most diverse collection of information, people available since I don't have much time to spend, nor do I wish to spend more.

Pardon my *digression.

---------

Are we creating an addiction to input or is this satisfying human nature? Are we supplanting a desire for interaction with just interinformation?

---------

Mav - The way the word "digital" sound is *revered and equated with "high quality" is a pet peeve of mine (since you asked). It would be tough to live without a piano.