white people

Uh, have you been to Canada recently? With the exception of Newfoundland, there are lots and lots of un-white people. If you want to use the "traditional" colour labels - brown, white, red, yellow, black - we got 'em all, and in large quantities!

In my mind, a "typical" Canadian is not one of Irish or Scottish or English descent, but someone whose parents are from two (or more) totally different cultural backgrounds - like me - half-Ukrainian, half-Italian - a completely typical Canadian kid. I'm married to a 7/8 Norwegian, 1/8 Danish guy, and our children will be a bit of all of the above, and quite Canadian at that. My brother is going out with a girl whose parents are from the Phillippines but she it totally Canadian herself. Typical Canadian relationship. My brother-in-law is married to a girl of Chinese background - again, she was born in Canada - and so if they ever have any kids, they'll be a Norwegian-Danish-Chinese mix. Canadians through and through!

We should debunk that myth and take a poll. Any other Canadians on Board wanna share their background? (Yes, I know we will suffer from small sample size, but we can try!)