Ramble alert! I know... it's me... you knew it was coming...

Arriving at a conclusion independently must be *considered original thought, otherwise the OED (or someone else) would be able to sue me for using these words, and calling them English. (not that that is what I'm doing)

--------- Simpson's quote -----------

John: Homer, what have you got against gays?
Homer: You know! It's not... usual. If there was a law, it'd be against it!
Marge: Oh Homer, please! You're embarrassing yourself.
Homer: No I'm not, Marge! They're embarrasing me. They're embarrassing America. They turned the Navy into a floating joke. They ruined all our best names like Bruce, and Lance, and Julian. Those were the toughest names we had! Now they're just, uh...
John: Queer?
Homer: Yeah, and that's another thing! I resent you people using that word. That's our word for making fun of you! We need it!! Well I'm taking back our word, and I'm taking back my son!

The thought of people owning words is just as ridiculous as the greed and materialism that drives laws that allow people and/or corporations to own words (like "three-peat" for example). If I write a song called "My Way" I'm sure most (who know the other, already popular one) will think it's a 'cover'(version). Yet titles of songs aren't copyrightable. Why not? Tide and Wisk wash clothes with about as much (probably less) difference as my song called My Way and thiers expresses the sentiment of things being done My Way. I don't see the value in detergent "style" nearly as much as I *know the value of expression. I'm not saying there are any original thoughts, but there must be room to allow people to believe they are having them.

I'll *let the extrapolations of original thoughts about my above ramblings begin.... now!