Why this sudden interest in things London, Jackie?You ask, I answer. Let me start by saying that lately, it seems that all I have the time for is to read the board--posting takes more time than I can afford. It occurred to me that there has been very little that I would term as "meaty" or "singing". (And most of those that have been that way to me have revolved around Wordwind--thank you, my Dear--you are a joy!)

So last night, I had a bit of time, and thought I would make an effort to post something that might lead us back to what this board is all about. And where to look for inspiration-in-context? Bibliomania, of course! I first went to Poetry, thinking I could find something there pretty quickly, and I did. Then I went to Fiction, and pulled up a non-British author, thinking that our British members might find that a bit more interesting; hoping that at least they might not have already discussed this particular work to death, as they probably have most of the classics by British authors. You ask; I answer.
============================================================
Thanks, Bingley!