About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Since I notched up 1,000 posts, I have been playing a little game. Puerile, facile, but, hey, it's my game. Every week, at least once, I look at the number of posts I have notched up (1777 as of this afternoon) and then type "history" and the number (1777) into Google. I then have fun finding what happened that year in history. Today: Washington's victories and the Republic of Vermont.

Anyone else as bored as I am?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear CK: No numerologist I. Never have I seen a post of yours I would call puerile. You know a hell of a lot about things of which I am pathetically ignorant. Seldom have your posts failed to be of interest to me. So knock off being bored, and dazzle me some more.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I second that e-motion.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
well, i have played the same sort of game all my life with my paychecks..
long long away, my net pay was early roman history, and then late.. i took time off for kids, and returned to the job market in the dark ages. time moves forward.

i long for the day when my paystubs will be a mystery.. somethere in the far away future!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Anyone else as bored as I am?

Bored? Don't you have anything else better to do, CapitalK?...like polishing up a travelogue for submission and publication?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I've never looked up history based on the number of my posts, CapK. It just hadn't occurred to me....

But, as long as you are having fun with numbers, how about a statistical analysis of this board? Take a sampling and determine what subjects receive the most attention, from whom, for example. Who posts the most food threads? The most political threads? The most PUns? Does anybody never post in, say, Animal Safari, at all? Is there a pattern to the posts, over time?

Completely useless info, I know. But I'd be curious, and you'd be doing all the work!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>Who posts the most food threads? The most political threads? The most PUns?

but, these are so... obvious!!
-ron

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Ron stated but, these are so... obvious!!, and I tend to agree. But even if I were to disagree and to agree to take on the challenge put up by our goosey michi gander, there is the problem of encoding the data.

No one would agree on how the coding should be done, and I would become public enemy No. 1 with everyone. I could, of course, just find a tall building to step off or perhaps I could simply go for a drive on the Birmingham North Interchange and thus disappear from mortal ken ...

Ta, but no thanks!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
oh i don't know CK-- you seem to have me pegged as #1 on the hit parade for food posts.. (see stepford wifes thread.) and
1) i didn't bite your head off -- oh, a dim memory here of robert crum--the head's the best..

2) no one seem very interested in saying you're wrong! .. and they should be # 1 (not that i think i desever the honor.)

still if you want to pass, go right ahead.. i don't want the job, either, for any number of reasons..

J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
Well if we're talking food, we'd have to add sport. As long as we talk about food words or sports words and don't get bogged down with recipes or specific scores of games, I don't really see a problem. So keep batting, Helen and whoever else is at the top of the list with us, just keep making those home runs (is that what they do in baseball, it's a bit like rounders isn't it?)! (I'm probably towards the top of a few other disreputable lists too and I started off such a good girl!)

Cap K is right, I'm not puttin myself forward for no steenkin' stats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,421
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,351 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,592
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,922
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith