Hard ware required: PC, Windows, and microphone for your PC, sound card (pretty standard)

Look at the back of your computer.. you'll notice
1-- almost every plug that connects is a different size and or shape..
2--Many of the recepticle are labeled.. (ie, the jack for the keyboard has a icon of a keyboard)

Find the icon for a microphone.. Ear/head phones and or speaker are usually near by.. if you have speakers connected, start looking there! Plug in Microphone.

Software! You have it! each --> directs you to another menu...
Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Entertainment-->Sound Recorder.. (open)

You'll get a little window, it will look like the front of your tape recorder-- and it has a red button on the right to "record" press it, and start singing into the mike.. Press stop when done. Use the buttons to go back to the beginning.. listen to your recording.. If you like it, use File--> Save to save it.. if not, file New, and make another recording... Voila! you have created a wav file.

{if nothing is recorded, send me a PM-- there might be some setting you need to adjust.. or if you have problems.. send a PM.. and i'll send you instructions with illustrations.. (and send the same to Max so in the future everyone will be able to do the same..)}

PS! Look at where you are saving it! it will default to a C: drive.. Usually My File or My Documents.. and give it a meaningful name..

Once you have created a file.. you can attach it and mail it --- recipients can "Play" or down load file to play it.. (depend on mail file system.. )

(Next lesson, how to attach file as an object so it will start to play automatically, (ie, a self opening file!))
-- much harder, since different systems (hardware/OS/Windows/mail services..(Hotmail, AOL, etc.) are all slightly different.. )