I have been having an interesting discussion with a lovely friend about the different meanings of the verb 'to feel',
specifically that it is used to describe both physical and emotional sensations. By way of explanation, my friend asserts that all uses of the word feel are really mental,
since the impulses that tell us a fire is hot are electrical. Here is my response to that, but may I say now that I am not posting this to seek a resolution to who is right or wrong.
"The electrical impulses that travel from the skin to the brain are neither noticeably warm or cold. But there can be times, from a burn or even from fever, that our skin
most definitely feels warm to the touch. Or even not to the touch... That is a physical sensation. Well, I'll say characteristic. But like whoever it was on the board who posted that if something is
deemed pleasurable then it is therefore also desirable said, in my opinion if something has the physical property of giving off heat, we are forced to say that it feels hot. Whereupon I see that your statement, "Feelings are a mental category." exactly illustrates the point of my wish: that we had different words, abcde etc.,
to differentiate these "feeling" meanings!"

I am hoping that those of you who are familiar with other languages, esp. Nicholas since he knows so many, will say
whether there are any which, like the famed numerous Eskimo words for different types of snow, have different words for
"feel", so that a listener can instantly know whether the speaker was meaning a physical or emotional feeling.