talkin'bout the letter "R"

Yeah, as an old chuhcaaguhwun I say it's ARR as are are, or and our. They're all pronounced the same. The white stuff that comes out of cows is melk. They didn't mention that one.

I did like that alternating image up in the upper right hand corner that said da BULLS (with a picture of a bear) and da BEARS (with a picture of a bull).

I think 708ers for suburbanites is a little out of date. The number of area codes (whence 708er) has grown quite a bit lately and 708 doesn't begin to describe the suburbs.

Other than that I really couldn't say much about common usage these days; it's been too long since I've spent more than just a couple of days there. I'd go with musick on the Chicagoland comment. Folks from Chicago per se didn't much consider the suburbs as Chicago, at least when I lived there. One time at camp I had shown up at the dining hall for serving duty and was asked where I was from. I interpreted it as asking which dorm I was representing and replied, "Cube 4." They were expecting something like Downers Grove or Hinsdale where I was assuming everybody was from Chicago.