Originally Posted By: dalehileman

as for switching program windows, nothing could be easier: hold the Apple key (next to the Space Bar) and press the Tab key; it will toggle between whatever applications you have open.

*****I tried it and got about five huge color icons which I'm not quite sure how to use but I'm guessing the process requires additional keystrokes. Then somehow they begin flashing in a sort of scrolling fashion. When I let go of tab in preparation for selecting one [on the fly?], they all disappeared. If you could elaborate how windows might be cycled with one keystroke using a macro in the toolbar I'd be indebted

Thank you most kindly eta for those links though alas in my 79th year I'd hoped learning Mac wouldn't be so dreadfully time consuming

sorry, I wasn't clear about the Apple-Tab thing. once you hold the Apple key down and click Tab, you can let up the Tab key(while still holding the Apple key), then each subsequent click of the Tab key will move you to the next icon, which represents the various programs you have open.

and that's as close as I get to macros. laugh

formerly known as etaoin...