I always liked scrabble, though I have never been very good. I can play for points or for subjectively cool words. I'm happy either way, so long as the game is laid back.

Sometimes I can find laid back people to play - other times not.

On the sites, people accuse you of cheating, because you beat them. Other people complain vociferously, because you don't play the kind of game that they like to play. Most of the sites online have lounges for people who do not like to play for points, or an option for soliciting unrated games.

But that won't solve the dictionary problem. There is at least one site that offers multiple dictionaries, but I don't know that it has a 'very restricted' option. Even if it did, I don't know that it would help. There are people who hate the use of perfectly good words like 'theta' or 'phi', because they assert "nobody uses them." I had not considered the possibility of my ordinary conversations being so unusual.

On a slightly different subject, I played chess with a high school footballer once. He was a super nice guy and pretty smart, too. But he wasn't very good at chess. I kept taking his pieces and he was getting irritated. Finally he exclaimed something like, "When the masters play they don't just keep taking people's pieces!" I responded, "When the masters play, they don't give them away."

I long for the days when one could just play a game and everyone just acted like an adult.