On 8 January 06, etaoin wrote: "Anu spends almost no time here at all, and certainly not on a regular basis. he set up the forums, using commercial forumware, and then has basically left it to run on the energy of the posters, a group of about forty or fifty that post here regularly (some of us many times a day!). though Jackie is a Moderator, she wears that mantle very reluctantly, and uses her power very sparingly. (and I think wisely) there have been times of conflict, some great, some small, as in any community, but they have been weathered, and some have left, and some stayed, and new people come and go."

On 29 December 05, Jackie wrote: "Anyway--it's possible I might be able to change the time limit, BUT one of the computer experts is going to have to tell me what to look for, probably by phone, and then I would have to get permission from Anu. This is HIS place. If he says no or doesn't reply, then I'm not doing a thing."

On 22 December 05, maverick wrote: "Anu's prime interest is clearly in the overall website, which is where most of his energy is focussed. Having an active board makes for a website that's *much more highly rated by the google algor(e)ithym, since it is highly active and change is a Good Thing... and every time we post a link it creates extra connectivity which is also a Good Thing... and it provides a hook to hang google ads on which is a Good Thing since it creates revenue... whereas anything more than cursory adminstration costs serious money which is a Bad Thing..."

On 18 October 05, Jackie wrote: "It has finally occurred to me that Anu is probably traveling some, promoting the release of his new book; but I do hope he'll come here and fix these before too much longer."

On 14 October 05, etaoin wrote: "it seems as if Anu hasn't been around and had the time to deal with the bugs yet. "

There is occasionally a man behind the curtain, but not often. The man who is occasionally there does not read our posts. It is not reasonable to task Jackie -- who has an actual life off the board -- with the expectation that, every time we address some words to "Admin," she will pass them along to Anu.

I am not suggesting that anybody is a "bad fella." I am suggesting that, if a user of this board wishes to communicate a suggestion to Anu, go ahead, but use the Feedback form found under the Contact Us tab or send e-mail to the Grand and Glorious Oz at "wordsATwordsmith.org" by replacing the "AT" with "@".