from my chair, i can lean forward a bit, an look to the left and see north west, --the 59th street bride is draped like a string of pearl in the background, most of the building north of 50th street have no special lighting, but are bright shapes siloetted against the dark sky. In the foreground, a chromophotic display-- Yellow sodium vapor lights, red neons, red tail lights, even a green traffic light or two. Headlights, house lights, signs and signal lights. cars, trucks, buses flow by, streams of lights, afrantic constilation, ephemeral in their patterns.

--at this moment, the veiw is slight obscured by the double helix of red and green that illumiates my terrace and my living room, a tapered cone toped with a star. even in the dark, the imagined tree gives off enough light to make the crystal icicles and snowflakes glint.

If i sit back, with out leaning back, another window frames the spire of the empire state building.

closer to the window, my veiw is enlarged, a panarama of skyline that extends from lower brooklyn, (with a portion of lower manhattan hidden by a near by structure) but my view of manhattan starts below the lamp tower of Con Edison's 14th street office, it extends upwards to the triboro bridge. about half the length of mahattan can be seen.

with my immediate view, i have art work, prints and embroidery, glass objects, (including a 6inch crystal ball)

behind me, a small bookcase, (48inches wide, and 48 inches high) hold most (but not all) of my dictionaries.

(the shelves are haphazzardly arranged--i plan to sand and finish these unfinished book shelves.. (they are store bought, but made from birch, (not birch plywood, nor MDF with a birch veneer, but real wood))and make a more orderly arrangement of the books (and empty from the selves, the non books stored there--(a scanner, CD's, print cartidges, ink refills, and other computer leavings.