Um...I'm not sure it was a case of one being incorrect; let me go take another look.

Edit: tell you what--I think this thread may be a matter of lack of information. I suspect you may not have realized you could have edited your other post, and therefore didn't have to start over; however, if you simply chose to start over anyway, that's okay too.

I was going to PM you, but we've had a couple other new folks lately, so I'll post in case they weren't aware of a few things. Oh--welcome aBoard, by the way!

Re: editing posts--you know the little gold icon that you click on to Reply to a Post? On your own posts, you should see a second one next to that one--click on that, and you will be given a screen that will allow you to edit or delete your post.

Re: making posts--if you look up towards the top of your screen where your text window is, you'll see a sentence that ends with you may use markup in your posts. If you click on the last four words, you'll be given some instructions on how to do things like make your text colored, italicized, etc. There is also a way to make links in your posts clickable, something that I in particular would appreciate very much; more often than not, I don't take the time to click on them anyway [shame e], and I almost never take the trouble to copy an address and paste it into a new window. Just the way I operate.

Essentially, most things are done by putting some instruction--say, a color or url--inside these brackets [] in front of whatever you want changed, then putting a slash in front of it--/instruction--in another set of [] after. The instruction (sorry, I don't know the proper term for telling a computer what to do) to make an address clickable is url. So you would put url inside [], then the address, and /url inside the brackets at the end of the address. Lemme see--I'll use the other brackets as an ex., so it won't actually change the text:
{url}http://wordsmith.org/board/editpost.
plCat=&Board=words&Number=150513&page=0&view=
collapsed&what=showflat&sb=5&part=1&vc=1{/url}

Had I used [] instead of {}, all you'd have seen (or would have liked to have seen, heh) would have been the link, clickable. Two things, re: addresses:
1.) I used to put them wherever I had stopped typing, and they didn't always work; however, since I began starting a new line whenever I put an address to link to, I have had no problems.
2.) For AWAD addresses, please delete everything after the post number, 150513 in the above case. Long addresses tend to make the screen go wide, meaning you have to scroll from side to side to finish reading; rather a pain.

Thank you again, tsuwm, for providing all this info. and for holding my hand through those instructions which were incomprehensible to me at the time.